The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eric Shin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's up all? New to this ap. Here's my 75 gal Fish City, with the following residents:

FISH COMMUNITY LIST
1x Black Mystery snail (Gary)
1x African dwarf frog (Kermit)
1x Plecoptera (Hoover)
1x Silver Molly (Sarah Palin)
1x Black Molly (Barack Obama)
1x Dalmatian Molly (Michael Jackson)
1x Gold Variatus (LILO)
2x Zebra Danios (Dylen & Jeshua)
2x BumbleBee Platy (Hines & Troy)
3x Tiger Barb (Bonnie & Clyde, Loner)

Fake plants for now.

Attachments

• image-3454690587.jpg
    image-3454690587.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 135
Welcome to AA. Nice looking tank. I would add some more plants myself, but it's your preference. Quite an odd group of fish you have mixed together. How long has the tank been set up?

Thanks. I'm a freshwater newb. The tank has been up for 3 months now. I lucked out by acquiring all of my gravel and rocks from an already cycled tank. I do plan on adding live plants very soon. You can thank my son and better half for the fish selection. I do plan on adding more fish, but not different types. Any advice on which I should start adding more of first is welcome. Actually, any advice or constructive criticism is welcome.

You'll probably develop issues with the tiger barbs and danios nipping fins. Mollies will do better with brackish water. The platys are fine. I would stock more of those.

Question for ya then. I've heard conflicting things from different sources and I'd like some input from this board. I was told 1-2 tablespoons of salt per 5 gallons of water is acceptable for most all freshwater fish. I questioned this since I've read that plecs and tiger barbs do better with NO salt added at all. I was reassured that they'd benefit with the salt as well.......so what's the right answer? Should I find a new home for my plec and barbs? I currently have 10 tablespoons of salt in my 75 gallon....

All scaled fish can benefit from regular aquarium salt. It helps them fight off diseases and recover from diseases and rebuild slime coat. All the fish in your tank will be fine if you add salt.

Back
Top Bottom