New Set Up 200L Fluval Freshwater Tropical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J Waters

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, I've had this set up for a week and a half now and added fish a week ago. All seems to be going well so far but I haven't noticed an ammonia or nitrite peak. I did however get a reading for nitrates so I'm hoping this means it has cycled. I am not sure though as I can't believe it would be that quick! I added Cycle drops when I added the fish, bought established plants from a fish filled tank, one on rock, the other on bogwood. Do you think this would have helped? Also, I've got a nitrate reading today AND ammonia is present. I did my first partial water change today and will test again tomorrow. Fish are 1 x male and 3 x female platys and 5 x scissor tailed rasboras. I did have 2 x Cambodian tetras but took them back to the fish shop tank today as one was harassing the other and starting to chase the other fish. It also took a chunk out of the other tetra's fin. I didn't want to chance getting more to try and calm them in case I had a tank full of nippers! Any comments or advice welcome! Thanks everyoneWww.aquariumsetup.wordpress.com

Attachments

• image-1085416099.jpg
    image-1085416099.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3367175735.jpg
    image-3367175735.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 115
Thanks, very kind of you! I've got three moss balls in there; I like the way they look in the tank and thought they would provide extra surface space for some nice bacteria to settle. They are starting to look a bit tufty so maybe they will start to take over....

Back
Top Bottom