NEW SETUP!! opinions :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hailiebob

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just changed from gravel to sand and fine black gravel, whats you think of my setup? Any advice?

Attachments

• 20140308_154606.jpg
    20140308_154606.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 154
Your gravel patches will be all over the tank and beneath the sand eventually, consider some small rocks or slate as dividers, to DELAY it. Also, top it off! Maybe its just me being OCD, but a low water line drives me crazy!!! Other than that, looks great.

It will in time I have sand it took mine took ages to clear but after looking at some of the tanks on here isn't that good it looks really bland hahaha

Your gravel patches will be all over the tank and beneath the sand eventually, consider some small rocks or slate as dividers, to DELAY it. Also, top it off! Maybe its just me being OCD, but a low water line drives me crazy!!! Other than that, looks great.

Yeah I knew the gravel wasnt gonna stay in place when I did it but ill just tidy it up when it needs it :)

No mines only 20 gallon (3ft) long and I have four in and they love it they may mix your sand because the constantly sift through looking for food, have a look on google they are called corydoras I have peppered ones but there are loads of different species

No mines only 20 gallon (3ft) long and I have four in and they love it they may mix your sand because the constantly sift through looking for food, have a look on google they are called corydoras I have peppered ones but there are loads of different species

I love the pepper ones, so cute, gonna get some when I take the loaches back, thanks guys! :D

I'd get atleast 4 because they are really social fish and love to school mine are crazy they are constantly hoovering around the bottom of the tank together

Just so you know the correct term, cory's are a shoaling species, not schooling. Shoaling fish enjoy the social company of their own species and will often forage and hang out in a group but they also will happily go about on their own when they want.

Just so you know the correct term, cory's are a shoaling species, not schooling. Shoaling fish enjoy the social company of their own species and will often forage and hang out in a group but they also will happily go about on their own when they want.

I stand corrected :)

Back
Top Bottom