Opinion on 50 Gal. Community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jwspong

Aquarium Advice Regular
1 Albino tinfoil barb
1 khuli loach
1 Red tail black shark
1 Lace catfish
2 Angelfish
4 Tiger barb
1 dwarf gourami
1 yellow gourami
1 Platinum halfbeak

1 Albino tinfoil barb
1 khuli loach
1 Red tail black shark
1 Lace catfish
2 Angelfish
4 Tiger barb
1 dwarf gourami
1 yellow gourami
1 Platinum halfbeak

I'm sorry to say it, but that's a horrible stock, I love all those fish, but some grow too big, some to agressive
Tin foil barb really needs 225 gallons+
You need at least 5 kuhli loaches 8 is better in a tank that size
The red tailed shark is good, but too agressive for kuhlis
The lace catfish needs at least 3 in a group
The angel fish are good
I would up the tiger barb school to 8 it 10, because if you only have four they will fin nip your gouramis and angels to death, if they are going to be the only schooling mid level fish, I would honestly add 12
The dwarf gourami might have some problems with the gold(yellow) gourami being too agressive, I would keep the gold
The shark might be a bit mean to the half beak, but it could be ok
Here's what I would do
1 gold gourami
1 African leaf fish
2 angels( watch out if they are being picked on, I would have a back up plan, wouldn't really advice angels but if you want them, it can be done, just keep an eye out)
10 -12 tiger barbs( you can add 4 normals, 3 albinos, and 3 greens to add variety)
1 red tailed shark

Lol it is an odd bunch. Tiger barbs dont really bother anyone. yellow gourami chases the dwarf occasionally , but other than that everyone gets along more or less. Also, gonna get rid of the tinfoil barb once he gets too big.

Back
Top Bottom