Our fry tank !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dude1982

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would just like to show everyone our fry tank it currently has around 50 mickey mouse swordtails, around 50 platty's and around 40 guppy fry. It's a jewel 3 and a half foot long tank. I'm currently trying to find a tape measure to work out how many gallon it is lol. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• image-4228224918.jpg
    image-4228224918.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 121
  • image-1172554034.jpg
    image-1172554034.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 130
Dude1982 said:
I would just like to show everyone our fry tank it currently has around 50 mickey mouse swordtails, around 50 platty's and around 40 guppy fry. It's a jewel 3 and a half foot long tank. I'm currently trying to find a tape measure to work out how many gallon it is lol. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Congrats!

We've got Black Moor fry going. Really exciting isn't it?

As for tank size, measure it HxWxD and put the numbers into google, worked for me when I was trying to figure out the plastic tub I'm using as a fry tank.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Thanks viper and limpet I have an app on my iPhone for calculating how many gallon it is but I can't find anything to measure the tank with lol I left the tape measure outside and it went rusty so I threw it out l, it's about time I bought another one anyway. There's a couple of swordtails in there that are huge compared to the others, we call the biggest one chunk lol. I recently sold our other 3 foot tank to a friend so I have a place for quite a few of our fry to go to.

My plans are to use the fry tank as purely a guppy tank in the end. We still have at least 3 pregnant guppies in our small guppy tank so I'll have plenty of fish to stock it (I love guppies lol). We have 2 albino corydoras which I would love to breed but it looks like we have 2 females, Im looking to get a male In there soon. Anyway here is my little tank !

Attachments

• image-3417492269.jpg
    image-3417492269.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 105
All our tank are properly cycled before they are used :) the small tank has 23guppies in at the minutes and once the fry have grown they will all be together in the large tank :) x

Thanks needmorecowbell. Yes they are properly cycled they have been up un running for around 3 months now and the fry and doing great. I used the old media out of our cycled tank to speed up the process !

Just added a plain black background to the tank and it really brings out the colours in the swords I just can't wait till the other fry get their bright colours !

Attachments

• image-2503187676.jpg
    image-2503187676.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1927058483.jpg
    image-1927058483.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 75
Dude1982 said:
Just added a plain black background to the tank and it really brings out the colours in the swords I just can't wait till the other fry get their bright colours !

Really makes them POP!

They look like confetti :D.

Thanks limpet I've been experimenting with my iPhone and a magnifying glass to get close up pics of the fry lol here's one of the swords !

Attachments

• image-493307523.jpg
    image-493307523.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 70
Dude1982 said:
Thanks limpet I've been experimenting with my iPhone and a magnifying glass to get close up pics of the fry lol here's one of the swords !

That's a cute fishie, all eyeballs lol.

My fry are so tiny, hard to tell how they doing but it's my first go at it so we'll see what happens.

Dude1982 said:
Cool what fry are you raising ? I have guppies, platty's and swords !

Black Moors for sure, our young Fancy Fantail was in the egg laying fracas so I'm not sure about that. They shreaded my planted DT lol.

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's normal for platy fry to be hanging around on the bottom and not swimming around much. Our swordtails and guppy fry are doing very very well but the platy fry are taking their time growing ?

Dude1982 said:
Just wondering if anyone knows if it's normal for platy fry to be hanging around on the bottom and not swimming around much. Our swordtails and guppy fry are doing very very well but the platy fry are taking their time growing ?

I'm feeling that way about my fry too. Some on top, others mid or on bottom. But they only hatched on tues.

Back
Top Bottom