Prego????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Weedge

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is my platy here prego? And if she is I need advice what to do with her if I need a trap or to remove her or just about any advice anyone has on what to do to make sure this happens safely for both mother and fry.

Attachments

• image-224092871.jpg
    image-224092871.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image-945723902.jpg
    image-945723902.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image-90631101.jpg
    image-90631101.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image-2805618401.jpg
    image-2805618401.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 55
Pics are kinda blurry but she does look like she's preggers. You can move her to a separate tank or just put her in a breeder net/trap.

I placed her and her beau in a big trap until I'm certain. Was just her but had to put him in he was freaking out without her.

The pictures are a bit blurry but she does look pregnant! From experience - when she looks like she's going to absolutely BURST she's getting close to having the fry. They grow quite a bit in pregnancy. You don't have to separate them, sometimes it causes more stress than leaving them together. In the wild they wouldn't be separated.

If you want the fry to survive try putting in some plants - I prefer the floating fake ones. Easy to put in/take out and some fry are bound to end up lunch but if they all survived you'd be wishing you didn't save them all. It's great to have lots of new babies swimming around (especially platys! they're adorable) but unless your LFS wants them - they're impossible to get rid of.

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom