Starting up my first 55 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frieked

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've gone from 10 to 20 to this new 55. Pretty bare right now but I hope to update this as I add more decor, my next step is adding some rockwork on the left side of the tank with some more plants thrown in.
Here it is empty ( ignore the baby, she just seems to love staring at my fish tanks, even if they are empty :p )
empty.jpg

Here's with a few plants and pots on the right side:
plants.jpg

Will update with more pics as the tank progresses.

Hey........looks good........but!
I noticed the white gravel and I wanted to warn you.
My current tank has white gravel and I hate it.
I loved it when I put it in.....but with even alittle algae growth on it it looks horrible.
I just wanted to warn ya before ya got to far into your project.
Easier to change it now then later.

Good Luck with it......whatever color gravel ya choose :)
Lookin forward to more pics.

Didn't think about the white gravel showing dirt/algae, hopefully it won't be too much of an eyesore... I actually have about a 1 inch layer of natural colored gravel underneath the white that I had leftover from another tank, I could probably just mix it up to blend it all together. That might be an interesting look... Or maybe I'll just leave the white as a reminder to myself to be good about my cleaning/water changes since I've been known to skip a week here and there :O

Doh......just noticed that you are new to AA.
Welcome aboard!
The collective knowledge here is invaluable.

I'm gonna be taking some pictures of my fish tonight. (just got a tripod)
Anyway, if ya like I can post a pic of my dirty white gravel so you can get an idea of what it will look like if ya "skip a week here and there" :)

Back
Top Bottom