TheresaM's tank thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
Like a few other members I decided to start a tank thread...one place for updates, photos, etc of all the tanks rather than multiple threads I forget to update :hide:

I did some rearranging and moving over the summer so I now currently have:

16g
2x 10g
2x 5g
2.5 g

I think the next step here will be to get some decent FTS, post those, and introduce each tank :flowers:

Wonderful! You have some non-run-of-the-mill fish in those tanks. Great to be able to see them all in one thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wonderful! You have some non-run-of-the-mill fish in those tanks. Great to be able to see them all in one thread.

It's funny because I don't plan that, just research and get what interests me. I recently added green neons to the 16g and realized that after 15+ years in the hobby they're my first tetras!

img_3264848_0_bf381d00c3f01dd70599bd4c5d218c3b.jpg

Yay! All the micro fish in one thread ;)

Caleb

I love my tiny fish but it can be difficult at times at my eyesight as gotten much worse the past year or so :hide:

Awesome! Following, I've always been very interested in your setups. I still follow the Mr B fb page and love all the updates. Will be great to keep up with all your tanks here, looking forward to it!

You certainly picked some cool looking first tetras. I think embers are my favorite tetra.
When you post the FTSs, be sure to include a descriptive blurb (tank size, stocking, filter, lighting, etc) for each tank.

Green neons are one of my favs.. they look pretty amazing first thing in the morning. Look forward to seeing some of your handy work:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome! Following, I've always been very interested in your setups. I still follow the Mr B fb page and love all the updates. Will be great to keep up with all your tanks here, looking forward to it!

A Mr B follower, that's great! I've been behind updating the page though, really need to get back into it.

You certainly picked some cool looking first tetras. I think embers are my favorite tetra.
When you post the FTSs, be sure to include a descriptive blurb (tank size, stocking, filter, lighting, etc) for each tank.
I researched a lot of schoolers before deciding on the greens, they ended up fitting in so well with the colors of the fish already in the tank.

Green neons are one of my favs.. they look pretty amazing first thing in the morning. Look forward to seeing some of your handy work:)
Such great colors...funny how with them and some of the other fish you can actually see them even with tank lights off!

Ok, quick post while I have some new shrimp acclimating....this is the tank I call the jungle:

img_3265236_0_6ce2eaa2e8d2de40f90dee80c6e12ac4.jpg

Standard 10g
Black sand substrate
Least killifish (H. formosa)
2 otos
RCS
Flame moss shrimp cave
Lots of misc plants

This is a no-tech tank: no filter, no heater, indirect northwest sunlight only. I do water changes maybe every other week.

Another tank post before bed.....

Fluval Spec V kit, no upgrades, no heater
Eco Complete
Micro rasboras
Oto
Scarlet badis (single female)
2 pygmy cories (rescues)
2 tiger shrimp
group of blue dream shrimp

img_3265498_0_54e673f60438cf7aa363154945037c68.jpg

Following. You have some pretty nice tanks and cool fish!

Standard 10g
Small-grain gravel and river pebbles
Endlers
Kuhli loaches
Otos

img_3266079_0_8b1ce4d4611afc1784d200061a33c1b4.jpg

Evolve 4
Sand
Finnex Stingray
Pygmy spotted rasboras
Orange sakura shrimp

img_3266369_0_b6bc77a867d211a6a4dcd03eabb455cd.jpg

2.5g
Sponge filter
Eco Complete
Dwarf amber barbs
Red rili shrimp

Need to do something about the plants in this tank. Either remove the dwarf sag and just let the najas take over, or cut back on the najas.

img_3266381_0_1b3a012ef527c975f695a18729d8ade5.jpg

16g
Basic gravel
Peacock gudgeons
Forktail rainbows
Green neon tetras
Kuhli loaches

img_3266461_0_5be902be269add8638f0352b85fb9ebd.jpg

Very nice tanks! Like looking for all the different fish, but mostly like looking for the kuhli loaches

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love these tanks! so simple but elegant.

And the micro fish too, as fresh and others said, those are not your ordinary fish. Very cool!

I love these tanks! so simple but elegant.

And the micro fish too, as fresh and others said, those are not your ordinary fish. Very cool!

Definitely simple, just never felt like I could get the hang of aquascaping :hide:

In the past I bred shellies (stapps, multies, occies) but otherwise I had larger fish. Got back into the hobby after the betta I had for 4+ years died and I saw CPDs...been hooked on the nano fish ever since!

Back
Top Bottom