Those darn Micro bubbles..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redtailkevin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello folks, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this about but ..

I am having a issue with my 20L gal tank, it is producing a lot of micro bubbles that makes it look like dust floating around.
And they like to stick to the surface making it look very dirty..
(picture included)

I do know it is being created by my filter,
My Aqueon quietflow 20 has a biomax fluval(marshamallows) with cartridge
and a quietflow 50 with a carbon mesh bag, with cartridge.
The quietflow 50 does have a very brown and dirty cartridge. (and have swished it during a WC 2 days ago.)

Is there a easy way to fix a problem like this?

Thank you in advance for the reply!!

Attachments

• 15033872_10154674151074603_256090931_o.jpg
    15033872_10154674151074603_256090931_o.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 131
I did see a (small) oily surface in the (5gal) bucket where i store water, but didnt take attention to it, adding prime so forth.

I had it blocked with a cardboard box,,, :ermm:

That oily film can create surface tension which doesnt allow the bubbles to go away....do you run a bubbler?

Hello folks, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this about but ..

I am having a issue with my 20L gal tank, it is producing a lot of micro bubbles that makes it look like dust floating around.
(picture included)

The quietflow 50 does have a very brown and dirty cartridge. (and have swished it during a WC 2 days ago.)

whats the water level in the tank look like if it's too low this can cause micro bubbles, low water levels allows water to splash into tank causing those tiny bubbles.

new filter media can also cause micro bubbles as it has trapped air in the media but it will go away in time.

Last edited:

(picture included)

Did you clean your substrate during the water change? If No, then go and immediately clean them up. Vacuum them debris from the substrate. If you have sand as your substrate, then stir them up carefully.

If the problem is not at your substrate, then use some more powerful air pump that could pump a little bit more air to make bigger bubbles. This problem could arise when the height of the aquarium seems to be longer than the normal size. In such cases, you need some specialized air pump rather than the common one. Otherwise it will never make bigger bubbles for you.
IMG_20161125_083250.jpg

Best of Luck [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom