TMRC's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd snip an inch off and test the super glue on the tubing if you're curious about it melting the tubing. Its fine for fish if that's what you're worried about

Jesse

Bacopa grows like a weed in good conditions. No doubt it will do well especially once that co2 train is in motion.

Agreed the DHG might struggle.

The hygro is a beautiful plant and in good conditions you shouldn't see any problems from it.

Caleb

Cool, that's what I needed to hear. I know the dhg probably won't grow but its always been my goal. If it melts I can pluck it out. I was excited to find these plants, my LFS doesn't do plants and my local Petco has a poor selection of mostly non submersible plants. Pet smart actually had a nice selection.

Following along tmrc
Your tanks are amazing makes me jealous sometimes lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. Their all a work in progress, I think we all have the constant improving bug along with our multiple tank syndrome. I'm working on some nice modifications to my nano tank, central american tank and soon to be additions to the reef tank so I'm really excited for what's coming.

Cool, that's what I needed to hear. I know the dhg probably won't grow but its always been my goal. If it melts I can pluck it out. I was excited to find these plants, my LFS doesn't do plants and my local Petco has a poor selection of mostly non submersible plants. Pet smart actually had a nice selection.

Ya ever need plants just holler. I trim all the time... I toss out abt a 5gl bucket of trimmings and baby plants a week. Sell some packages here if ive got time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And great news on the reef tank, its finally cycled. Reading
PH 8.0
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 80 ppm (ish)
Salinity is 1.023

Getting ready to do some water changes and we will soon be adding fish.

Congratulations on the reef being cycled im excited to see what type of fish you will get! Are you going to get a CUC? Im following to cause your tanks are awesome and ive been researching saltwater gonna take the plunge around February i think

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And great news on the reef tank, its finally cycled. Reading
PH 8.0
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 80 ppm (ish)
Salinity is 1.023

Getting ready to do some water changes and we will soon be adding fish.

Congrats, any plans for stocking?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks everyone. Yes were acclimating a scooter blenny and hermit right now. Neither is set in stone, we can trade them back later but I wanted something on the cheaper side to begin with. Definitely a clown in the future and I love the yellow watchman goby.

Thanks everyone. Yes were acclimating a scooter blenny and hermit right now. Neither is set in stone, we can trade them back later but I wanted something on the cheaper side to begin with. Definitely a clown in the future and I love the yellow watchman goby.

Scooter isn't a good choice, they're not a blenny but rather a dragonette and are difficult to keep as they rely on pods as a main food source and will quickly wipe out your tanks population. They also don't have regular stomachs and need to be fed multiple times a day which will quickly foul the water quality in a nano, and that's assuming that it accepts prepared foods

Ah man, OK, he will be going back. Its my wife's tank to stock but I thought a blenny would be a safe bet. I should've researched it.

A blenny would, if only the scooters were properly labelled as dragonettes not bennies. A stary blenny is my personal fav. If your into the shrimp/goby combo a red banded hi fin would be an awesome addition along with a candy cane pistol. What size tank are we talking again (10g is what I think I remember)?

Ok that opens up some more options, couple cool stocking options imo would be 1. Pair of clowns (ocs or percs), red banded hi fin goby or orange striped prawn goby (or a yasha goby if you want to spend a little more $$) and a candy cane pistol shrimp, and a Pygmy or possum wrasse (pink streaked would work too). 2. Royal gramma, starry blenny (or really any blenny besides maybe a lawn mower), clown goby (greens my personal fav of all the variations) and a fire fish. Or a combo of some from both lists.

Ok that opens up some more options, couple cool stocking options imo would be 1. Pair of clowns (ocs or percs), red banded hi fin goby or orange striped prawn goby (or a yasha goby if you want to spend a little more $$) and a candy cane pistol shrimp, and a Pygmy or possum wrasse (pink streaked would work too). 2. Royal gramma, starry blenny (or really any blenny besides maybe a lawn mower), clown goby (greens my personal fav of all the variations) and a fire fish. Or a combo of some from both lists.

Awesome suggestions. I'll look into each a bit more and see what the wife likes. They had firefish and neon gobys for sure, lots of clowns. I want to do a single clown with a few others, perhaps 3 fish and a few shrimp and hermits (including clown as 1 of 3)

Along with a poor sw fish choice I also picked up a better filter for the nano, an aqua clear 20 to replace the top fin 10. I got some more supplies for my co2 setup and a nice piece of mopani driftwood for the nano. Will be planting tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom