TMRC's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Current stock
60 gallon tank
Marine land filter 350 gph
Aqueon 75 filter 400 gph

2 peacock cichlids
5 yellow tail acei
4 electric yellows
1 red top zebra
1 rainbow shark
1 convict (soon to be moved)

Once the convict is removed I'll be at 13 fish total in 60 gallons with 750 gph filtration. I feel like I'm right in the sweet spot of not enough/ too many fish. I'm very happy with the way this tank has turned out, if only I could find two female peacocks.

Some updated SW shots, I know, lots of rock, all the better to house corals! It actually looks well stacked in person. 26 pounds of base rock, 1 pound live, 20 pounds of sand.

Some updated SW shots, I know, lots of rock, all the better to house corals! It actually looks well stacked in person. 26 pounds of base rock, 1 pound live, 20 pounds of sand.

My only suggestion is careful of dead spots. How much flow you got going on in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool just with rock piles like that it can be hard to get the flow right. But it sounds like you got a good plan (y)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh.... idiot me.....
I wasn't happy with the scape of the base rock. So like a moron I decided to move two rocks that were on top... ughh... that lead to pulling every rock out and never finding a scape I liked. Now the tank is cloudy as day one and not arranged anywhere near my liking. I honestly should've left it alone. So I now still have to rescape and still find a balance. That leads to a few questions.. I may have to post in SW but I hoped I could get help here..

First do you other sw guys use any rock adhesive to form structures?
Most of my rocks are rounded and odd shaped so finding a nice look that is also naturally structural seems impossible. They pivot and move and I'm super worried about getting a structure together that then collapses on $500 worth of corals. I will copy and paste some of this to our SW thread so don't be surprised at the duplicate. Thanks all who have followed. I'm still pretty mad at myself for messing with it but it truthfully needed to be done.

Okay, my cichlid gurus, would this stocking work,
2 firemouths
2 juvie electric blue acaras
1 female convict.

The con I already have, the two EB acaras is dependent on their 3 month stay at my local petsmart continuing. If these sell I'll strike them from my list. I know they are south american.. I've heard they can be kept with centrals but would like confirmation.

In my experience with firemouths and blue acaras was that the firemouths would start stuff they couldn't finish. They would harass the acaras until they would snap and beat the snot out of the firemouths. I have a video of this and will find it for you.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In my experience with firemouths and blue acaras was that the firemouths would start stuff they couldn't finish. They would harass the acaras until they would snap and beat the snot out of the firemouths. I have a video of this and will find it for you.

+1 the firemouths are just that.... Mouthy. But nothin to back it up with. The acaras will tolerate this for only so long.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

https://youtu.be/23F3za3GcsQ
Here you go. This was in a 4ft tank also

Hmm, guess I'll have to evaluate this, is there any difference in aggression with electric blue acaras as exists with EBJD? Just wondering. Were those your personal fish mike? I'm still really leaning towards a thorichthys species but these poor acara are nearly 3 1/2 inches long crammed in 12x12 at pet smart. I've been eyeing them for months and with a 25$ price tag they just hang around. I'm afraid they're going to hang around just long enough to come home with me.

The ebjd I have no experience with. Yes they were mine. I rehomes the acaras and added 5 more firemouths. I ended up getting bored with them and sold them.

Back
Top Bottom