Updated pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
slowboattochina said:
Just stumbled across this thread and must say the 55 gal tank is simply awesome looking. How long have you been into planting tanks? I am just beginning and aspire to have a tank like that some day. Thanks for the inspiration.

I have always kept plants but did not really get into it with increased lighting and CO2 until about 4-5 years ago. I had a 55 with the standard lighting (two 15-watts, I think) and even then I was able to grow certain low-light plants just fine, I just got tired of the dimness and wanted to see things better. I got a pair of shop lights and later my husband got me a Coralife 4x65w fixture, which was more light than I wanted, and I had to get very serious to keep things under control.

Updated pics *more updates*

I have re-scaped my 55gal planted tank, removing what seemed like a 5gal bucket full of stuff, and now it has grown in again but it is different. I also rescaped my 44 gal ARLC (though I seem to do the same configuration despite my efforts to change it). The fish in the ARLC are N. pulcher and are wee babies that were new to the tank when I took the pic and were hiding. I need to start a "44gal tank backgound fund" and hide that icky HOB, but that's for another day.

normal_55gal%20Jun%202005%20-%20rescaped.jpg

normal_N.%20pulcher%20tank%20June%202005.jpg

Thanks, Advisor-Fluff, I go through all the aggravation of taking everything out and redoing it, and nobody around here even notices (hubby: "whaddaya mean, you re-scaped? *giant shrug* whatever makes you happy, honey.") So I have to post the pics here :|

Looking good Tankgirl!!!!! I'm going to redo my 20 gal in a few weeks...better to redo it then to buy another tank, right? :lol:

Nice tank pics TG.. I finally got a look at that no-tech tank! :mrgreen: I dont think Ive found your thread thats about it yet though.. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom