Your biotope aquarium pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would LOVE to see everyone's biotope pics. Maybe even a list of the plants and inhabitants if your feeling up to it.

I love this idea and think it is so cool! Feeling sort of froggy and may even attempt one myself. I love the amazon and south East Asian ones the most. I'm leaning towards southeast Asian, it will be a nice reminder of home (Philippines!).

A couple pics of my amazon biotope :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130509_085200.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130509_085200.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 145
  • ForumRunner_20130509_085221.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130509_085221.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 157
I would LOVE to see everyone's biotope pics. Maybe even a list of the plants and inhabitants if your feeling up to it.

I love this idea and think it is so cool! Feeling sort of froggy and may even attempt one myself. I love the amazon and south East Asian ones the most. I'm leaning towards southeast Asian, it will be a nice reminder of home (Philippines!).

image-1887178622.jpg

My discus and dwarf chichlid tank the mangrove root like bog wood on the right for the discus and the rocks on the left for my dwarfs It may look a but silly but I like different! Haha

My discus and dwarf chichlid tank the mangrove root like bog wood on the right for the discus and the rocks on the left for my dwarfs It may look a but silly but I like different! Haha

A couple questions: what kind of rocks are these and where did you get them? What are your water parameters? We have similar tanks, is yours supposed to be amazonIan?

A couple questions: what kind of rocks are these and where did you get them? What are your water parameters? We have similar tanks, is yours supposed to be amazonIan?

Parameters I don't have a clue never once tested them! The rocks I got from my lfs I only brought them because they were the most expensive so I figured they were the best it wasn't until I got home I realised every single one had a fossil in it! Looks really cool! Kinda Amazonian but also designed to create places for the dwarfs to hide breed and all.

Parameters I don't have a clue never once tested them! The rocks I got from my lfs I only brought them because they were the most expensive so I figured they were the best it wasn't until I got home I realised every single one had a fossil in it! Looks really cool! Kinda Amazonian but also designed to create places for the dwarfs to hide breed and all.

I saw that you created a thread about keeping your discus in hard water. I am facing the same problem. My water is at a range between 18-19 degrees of hardness. I am thinking about doing a 20% water change with Ro water today. Would this be a good idea or do you think it shouldn't matter?

I saw that you created a thread about keeping your discus in hard water. I am facing the same problem. My water is at a range between 18-19 degrees of hardness. I am thinking about doing a 20% water change with Ro water today. Would this be a good idea or do you think it shouldn't matter?

They way I done it is slowly converted the water into really soft water by spending loads of money time and effort doing water changes with pure ro water after two months I slowly introduced them back to hard water at first one water change with tap and the next with ro I done this for two weeks then after that it was pure tap water which is almost the hardest tap water can be! The discus are fine healthy coloured right up and even showing signs of breeding. It's a common belief discus need soft water that was the case years and years ago but as time has gone on more rule breakers have actually made our life's easier by slowly customising discus to tollerate hard water. Try that method and your discus will still flourish! Many people that try and keep discus worry too much about doing water changes with ro and then when they can't be bothered or go on holiday etc and can't manage to do a water change they just use tap but that sudden change is a lot more painful and hard for the discus's immune system to handle hence why many still believe they need soft and why you hear of cases when people say they're discus we're fine until they stopped using ro water. I hope this helps!

Love your tank! And I noticed the fossils when I zoomed in on the rocks. Is that a leaf fish in the back? (It's in the top left corner). Gosh the blue on the cichlids are so bright and gorgeous.

Love your tank! And I noticed the fossils when I zoomed in on the rocks. Is that a leaf fish in the back? (It's in the top left corner). Gosh the blue on the cichlids are so bright and gorgeous.

The leopard print fish is an African bush fish he's lovely aint he :) yeah the other blue still hasn't recovered from some worms he had a couple months back but before he was the big dominant lovely looking fish hope he pulls through! Thanks for the comment!

Look at the fossil in the rock under the fish in this pic the fish on the left ...

image-2600593182.jpg

And a better pick of the African bush you like ...

image-85875958.jpg

And lastly some more pics of the tank ...

image-1992570812.jpg

image-911126202.jpg

image-4082083304.jpg

image-196565848.jpg

Back
Top Bottom