20g convert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didnt get the goby but they do have a pistol shrimp. Got a some stuff at the lfs and the powerhead. Hydor koralia 425. It was 40$ so i though why not lol. I was expecting 50-60

Powerhead in the tank, i got mad and threw the metal magnet at the wall and it broke off pain into the tank :( i did a 3g wc and am makeing new water ATM.

image-2376848307.jpg

image-4245298900.jpg

Well not yet actually, i got 25lbs for my 37 today and took out 7lbs, this will help the cycle! So thats 17lbs of live rock and im gonna get 5lbs of dry sometime next week.

image-2441262662.jpg

Got rhe 7lbs in with a spare maxi-jet 900 that i use to mix my SW.

Just wondering, idk if you mentioned it already but what are your lights you are using?

Sand and rock in the tank! :) salinity 1.026. Still need to make more RODI and SW to finish it up.

image-2721301422.jpg

Will be adding more rock today also :)

Does anyone know why i can turn on my filter? When ever i plug it in it always makes a loud humming noise and never works. The water level is a little below where the intake attaches to the pump...

image-3287110638.jpg

I already filled it with water...

Got the filter going, its sucking up alot of the floating junk. Did some aquascaping to make it so that the filter doesnt blow away all the sand.

image-1201079644.jpg

Made 5 gallons of SW, test salinity... 1.032... Will this kill my benefical bacteria?

Last edited:
Found a hitc-hiking starfish on a piece of my new rock, hes already moved on to another piece.

I feel like im talking to my self lol.

Washed off the power head as it has collected some stuff on it. Also brought some filter media from the 37 to help the cycle

Made 5 gallons of SW, test salinity... 1.032... Will this kill my benefical bacteria?

Not the bacteria but it will endanger livestock when its added. Just cut it with some water and you'll be fine.

Found a hitc-hiking starfish on a piece of my new rock, hes already moved on to another piece.

I feel like im talking to my self lol.

Washed off the power head as it has collected some stuff on it. Also brought some filter media from the 37 to help the cycle

That's because you ARE talking to yourself :) I like the micro stars. I got my first one on a gsp frag.

Not the bacteria but it will endanger livestock when its added. Just cut it with some water and you'll be fine.

That's because you ARE talking to yourself :) I like the micro stars. I got my first one on a gsp frag.

Alright. I was worried that i would have to add a bunch more live rock and sand, media and what not to get more BB. Are the micro stars any good? What do they do?

Which is the hardiest of my stock ideas? The clowns? The yellow watchman goby? Or the comb tooth blenny?

Clowns are pretty tough and would do fine in a 20g. I do love my starry blenny though.

Back
Top Bottom