20g cube : A Reintroduction to the Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, I got a couple new pieces last weekend and a new fish after not seeing the yasha since adding. Assuming he jumped and the cat was Johnny on the spot unfortunately. I’ll post some pictures when the lights come on later.

Thanks, I got a couple new pieces last weekend and a new fish after not seeing the yasha since adding. Assuming he jumped and the cat was Johnny on the spot unfortunately. I’ll post some pictures when the lights come on later.

Does the Yasha have a shrimp? If so, may be hiding. I had a YWG with pistol that I didn’t see for literally 3 months and one day they moved their burrow and popped up.

I’ve tried 2 gas has both disappeared shortly after introduction never to be seen again. Idk what it is with tiny gobies but I’ve never had luck

Does the Yasha have a shrimp? If so, may be hiding. I had a YWG with pistol that I didn’t see for literally 3 months and one day they moved their burrow and popped up.

Yep I’ve got a Randall’s that I see every few days, and his main entrance is dead center under the shaded portion of the main scape so I’m confident the yasha isn’t with him. He came out last night and stole some food from the rock nem that migrated over to the shade.

I’ve tried 2 gas has both disappeared shortly after introduction never to be seen again. Idk what it is with tiny gobies but I’ve never had luck

Ya this is the second, I’ve always had luck with hi fins so I may try one of those next instead, just always loved the yashas.

Well after some commiserating with the lfs owner over bad luck with a couple yashas he offered to give me one for half price. He’s tiny but was eating so I figured $24 was worth a shot, also got a $5 zoa frag for no reason just have a zoa problem.

Warning, dirty glass, didn’t wanna spook the duo

Meet Presbo

36F6G7D.jpg

Paired up with Lester the pistol in a couple hours and ate pellets tonight so I’m pretty optimistic.

And Bubbles, tail spot blenny

p6R1vyb.jpg

wLAo57A.jpg

And McNulty and Kima hanging out with Wallace

SwFWsZM.jpg

Bonus points if you know where the names come from.

On another note think I may need to start feeding more often. I do every other day and am currently getting .01 phosphate and 3 nitrate want that higher.

On another note think I may need to start feeding more often. I do every other day and am currently getting .01 phosphate and 3 nitrate want that higher.

Why do you want that higher? And what exactly? NO3 or PO4?

Last edited by a moderator:
Id line both higher honestly, I’d like po4 in the .05-.1 range and nitrate in the 5-10 range. I want nutrients in the water column, I don’t like the paleish look to the corals in ulns tanks, and ime they do better with some phosphate and nitrate, especially zoas

Shewww that’s taken off man! I think you can cram a few more frags in there! That acros getting ready to take off.

Lookin good !

What’s the deal with rock nems? Growers? Do they split like BTA’s? I want to have a small garden but don’t want them taking over the tank…

No I’ve not had any split, but I did have a couple spawning incidents, but I’ve only ever found 1 baby.

Yeah they spawn, they don’t split. I had a spawning event in my old tank and had 5-6 babies make it that got to about quarter size before giving them away. Definitely won’t take over a tank.

I got one baby Rock Flower, it just appeared. I will heartily recommend them. They are now a little spendy, but even many of the "common" ones which don't look as vibrant (fluoresce) under the blue light, are still beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom