20g High Nano-Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RIP
img_1007973_0_4a2f79a8bc51125a41994b1f11ca5198.gif
lol

yup :uzi::bandit:

If you get one when your tank gets set up make sure you know that they molt so you dont freak out and think that it died like I did.....lol

I have two cleaners and when they molted it looked like there were another 2 shrimp in the tank, lol. My girlfriend started to freak and thought they died because she saw the shell was floating around. They are really awesome though. Whenever I have my hand in the tank one of them jumps onto my hand and tries to clean everything off my hand and under my nails - its hilarious :silly:

update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!
update!

wow. maybe your light bulbs need to be changed? they become less powerful as they get older, and that could be the cause...

Why would he need to change his light bulbs? I'm a little confused here..

because if the corals havent grown much, then that could be a sign of light deficiency. as i stated before, if he hasnt replaced the lights in a while, they start to not work as well and although they may look like they are working, they could have stopped being good enough for coral growth a long time ago.

lol... My bulbs are fine, only 6 months old. Coral doesn't just magically grow 5x bigger overnight buddy... I have seen coral growth, like I just got my frogspawn on Saturday and I am already seeing a new head or two coming in and the original head is bigger than it was when I bought it. Gotta have patience buddy. Besides, I'm not about to go waste $40-$100 on a new set of bulbs when the old ones are still good for another month or two, and in that time period, the new tank (either a 90g or a 150g) will be set up.

Back
Top Bottom