21g Wall Mounted SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got done moding my Aquaclaer 50 by adding a top skimmer for top floating junk. Kind of a eye sore. What do you guys think ???

Attachments

• image-1529879448.jpg
    image-1529879448.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 198
  • image-3809270502.jpg
    image-3809270502.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 210
  • image-934287159.jpg
    image-934287159.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 190
  • image-131071673.jpg
    image-131071673.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 193
  • image-102907279.jpg
    image-102907279.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 191
  • image-2213702429.jpg
    image-2213702429.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 186
I don't think it's too much of an eyesore, but if it bothers you, you could try to match paint to the background and paint it.

Spray paint will work just let it cure for a week or to just to be safe When i painted my pipe i let it cure for a week then boxed it up for 2 days opened the box and still had a faint smell left it cure outside another week and no order at all Looking good BTW

I've definitely heard of people on here using krylon spray paint. They have tons of colors, so I'm sure you'd be able to match it. I would ask around for recommendations.

Yup use the krylon for plastic it's self etching so it tends to stick much better

Ok guys thanks, the mod has made a big change to the take it looks crystal clear now, I don't think I want to take it off and paint it, I don't want to wait a week.

I have all the fish I want, now i want to add some corals. What should my Parameters be at like ph trates ect.? What are easy corals? What is the different from hard and soft? Is a Halloween hemet coral safe? Thanks

WPG is horridly outdated, do a little research and you will find that out. Factors such as PAR, depth penetration, and reflectors are more important, as well as the type of bulb. Your T5 lighting should allow you to keep softies, LPS, and even some SPS depending on where they are placed in the tank.

Are you sure it's T5 though? I have heard of 65w PC bulbs, but not 65w T5. Are there two tubes that are connected to each other on the same connector/socket? If so, you have PC.

Don't worry about your pH, your weekly water changes will buffer that for you. As for other parameters such as nitrates, ideally they should be 0, but this is not always possible, so levels of 10 are generally safe. If you keep zoanthids (soft coral), they are usually a pretty good indicator if something is wrong as they will close up IME.

thominil said:
WPG is horridly outdated, do a little research and you will find that out. Factors such as PAR, depth penetration, and reflectors are more important, as well as the type of bulb. Your T5 lighting should allow you to keep softies, LPS, and even some SPS depending on where they are placed in the tank.

Are you sure it's T5 though? I have heard of 65w PC bulbs, but not 65w T5. Are there two tubes that are connected to each other on the same connector/socket? If so, you have PC.

Don't worry about your pH, your weekly water changes will buffer that for you. As for other parameters such as nitrates, ideally they should be 0, but this is not always possible, so levels of 10 are generally safe. If you keep zoanthids (soft coral), they are usually a pretty good indicator if something is wrong as they will close up IME.

The t5 are retros

zparticle said:
That is an insanely cool looking tank. Thanks for sharing, it's nice for a newbie like myself to see the possibilities.

Thanks this hobby is difficult but worth the stress, good luck with ur build.

Back
Top Bottom