29 gallon - first marine/reef setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
This used to be my 29 planted, but they FINALLY all went to my 55 in the back.
I broke it down and set it up in one day. Cycled using some seachem stability, which worked great. I got the bottle free so I decided to just go for it since it was empty.

When the levels seemed good I started adding small stock little by little

2 hermits
1 emerald crab
2 zoas, 1 red, 1 green
1 Pulsing xenia
1 green moon polyp
2 other corals I dont know
feather duster
1 TINY yellow clown goby
just added 2 juvie "nano" (not sure what that means) clownfish

Im running a jaebo wp-10 powerhead which is giving more circulation than I actually want

finnex marine 24/7 LED

aquatic life 115 skimmer which is great after some mods

55-60 lbs of rock. 35 live then another 20-25 of carib sea life rock.

Just installed a small HOB refugium on back, though I need a light for it.

The refuge is actually an HOB breeder that runs on an air pump. I filled it with a pod pack with a tiny bit of cheto algae last night but as you can see by the pic I need a LOT more.

Been using RO from my LFS but my buddy has a system Im going to help hook up and we will be using that for water.

IMG_20170305_172758.jpg

IMG_20170314_120659.jpg

IMG_20170314_120705.jpg

IMG_20170318_193335.jpg

IMG_20170321_201549.jpg

IMG_20170321_201557.jpg

refuge.jpg

Nice man, how long has it been running again?? How's that skimmer doing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nano clown is a way to market it o people so they think they don't grow but they're just normal ocellaris clowns

Nano clown is a way to market it o people so they think they don't grow but they're just normal ocellaris clowns

Yes I read that else where, hence my parenthesis after that. Im hoping they stay small"er" but either way we will have them tiny for a while. Adorable fish, they love the powerhead

Nice man, how long has it been running again?? How's that skimmer doing?

Hey brook,

Honestly Im not even sure but it cycled quick using the different rock and stability.

Skimmer is nice actually, it needed two mods. One was the airline mod but then I actually put another on there by putting a valve to regulate the air intake and another extension of hose on the end in a U bend. I dont know why but the U bend helps. It lets me regulate the bubbles MUCH better than the stock knob.

Looks great, my clowns hosted the ph for a couple days too. Funny little fish. I had 3 days of tweaking my new skimmer to get on running decent. Pretty cool how it bubbles all the poo up for ya..

Looks great, my clowns hosted the ph for a couple days too. Funny little fish. I had 3 days of tweaking my new skimmer to get on running decent. Pretty cool how it bubbles all the poo up for ya..

yeah pretty neat, wish it was possible in FW but then youd have nothing for the plants. I had some cool macro algea in there but the stupid emerald crab ate it on me. Im debating on keeping him or not, he likes knocking things over to

Looks really good, it's in better shape then my tank right now. Wait till everything starts growing, that's where the fun begains.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom