300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's pretty neat how we celebrate the years we have our saltwater tanks up and running. It's kinda like kids only the tanks are usually easier to raise. Lol

It's on reef to rain forest. Part of coral magazine. Im on my phone and can't copy the address.

I found it, they picked up a old YouTube video of mine, but you have sharp eyes!

I use to call the tank 250 gallons, but a few years ago I got a computer program that told me it was closer to 300. The whole system comes in at 650 gallons with the frag tanks.

Got this shot this evening in my soft coral tank. This tuxedo urchin stole a patch of zoas and they have been doing pretty good over the last week regardless of their mobility.

Attachments

• image-3678855105.jpg
    image-3678855105.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 3,481
Wooow! How much does this cost to maintain per week? What fish do you have in there? Maintenance? Feeding? Waterchanges? Sorry for all the questions it's just so cool (=

I recall seeing your video on this, awesome job dedicating almost a quarter century to it!!

Wooow! How much does this cost to maintain per week? What fish do you have in there? Maintenance? Feeding? Waterchanges? Sorry for all the questions it's just so cool (=

It is a lot of work, averages almost an hour a day.
My guess with chemicals, power, food and no upgrades or fish/coral it averages about $100 per month. But of course I do frequent the LFS, so it comes to more. And I do upgrade equipment every now and then $$$.

35 species of soft, LPS and SPS coral, no anemones (except mushrooms)

Most of the fish are between 2 and 12 years old.

3 yellow tangs (+ 10 years)
1 kole tang
1 hippo tang
1 sail fin tang
1 clown tang
1 rabbit fish
1 six line wrasse
1 royal gramma
1 blue jaw trigger
1 Midas Benny
1 lawn mower Benny
1 purple pseudochromis
1 melinaurus wrasse
6 canary wrasse
2 full grown engineer gobies
1 coral beauty dwarf angel (+10 years)
1 flame dwarf angel (+8 years)
1 blue line dwarf angel (+8 years)
1 yellow watchman goby
1 fire shrimp
1 clam
3 tuxedo urchins
Many snails, crabs and sand stars.

A couple of these fish live in the frag tanks.

Water changes are only 5% bi-monthly. I monitor everything I can. Total volume of 600 gallons in the system.

I make my own food (another thread) and feed daily. I also keep an almost constant supply of lettuce and nori for the herbivores. Fat tangs are lazy and happy tangs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom