300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Test machines that cost thousands work similar to this, so accuracy should be excellent. And I don't mind changing a disc every thirty days as then I know the measurements are spot on. Wireless readout to a tablet is just what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd even be OK having a wire running to a tablet or laptop though it would be very easy to manage wireless to the cloud at this point as most systems like reefkeepers even offer this.

Yeah I get that. I'm just saying I'd be OK with it either way as long as it tested and monitored my tank. I wouldn't need to see it on my phone, just simple access when I wanted. It is convenient and the cloud makes everything way simple as long as it can test like claimed.

Doesn't look like they are going to meet their funding deadline. Downside is the cost of the discs.

I need to check, I thought it was $100 but $50 I can stand for. I guess as a old pilot, I like a panel of instruments. It would be worth it to have that kind of monitoring, but it can't be crazy expensive.

Aimed primarily at Doug, what do you think is the best no compromise skimmer for 500 gallons? Lots of organics to remove, so I want a monster.

Sorry I'm not Doug,
But I love my MTC HSA 1000!(y)
index
I run it on my 120 .
Rated for upto750 gallons.
IT IS A MONSTER!:whistle:@ 48 inches by 8 inches!
They offer a 3000 model also rated for upto 2500 gallons.:facepalm:
Pretty dirty looking in pic but here you go!
99907-albums14345-picture69075.jpg

Sorry I'm not Doug,
But I love my MTC HSA 1000!(y)
index
I run it on my 120 .
Rated for upto750 gallons.
IT IS A MONSTER!:whistle:@ 48 inches by 8 inches!
They offer a 3000 model also rated for upto 2500 gallons.:facepalm:
Pretty dirty looking in pic but here you go!
99907-albums14345-picture69075.jpg

Is that a blue line pump way in the background powering it ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm thinking about a used Hurricone Cat 2.

I have a Hydor dual foaming pump unit now but it doesn't impress me.

Is that a blue line pump way in the background powering it ?

Yes it is!
For now it is but going to replace with jeboa 12000!
Probably overkill but if it can't be tuned down I will get a smaller internal pump.
Already have 2 extras!
The blue lines are very good but besides the air the skimmer sucks in is the only noise my whole tank makes.
Already switched out my blueline return for jeboa.

This may hurt but,
I got the whole tank and system for FREE!
With brand new still in the box replacements for BOTH blue lines and a 12K receipt for all the goodie(2 ozonisers,calcium reactors....) from previous owner!!(y)
I call this tank "my 120 from NJ" because all I had to do was go and get it.
One of my better Saturday drives!

Yes it is!
For now it is but going to replace with jeboa 12000!
Probably overkill but if it can't be tuned down I will get a smaller internal pump.
Already have 2 extras!
The blue lines are very good but besides the air the skimmer sucks in is the only noise my whole tank makes.
Already switched out my blueline return for jeboa.

This may hurt but,
I got the whole tank and system for FREE!
With brand new still in the box replacements for BOTH blue lines and a 12K receipt for all the goodie(2 ozonisers,calcium reactors....) from previous owner!!(y)
I call this tank "my 120 from NJ" because all I had to do was go and get it.
One of my better Saturday drives!

I've got a blue line powering my mrc skimmer (which is a beast) ,... Very quiet and dependable pump ,... The jeboa sounds impressive from what I've read but just not too sure how much you'd gain by switching it out

Last edited:
Free is always a good price.

I punted on the Hurricone as I found it had a motor overheat problem and in reality wouldn't work that much better than what I have. The search goes on.

I've got a blue line powering my mrc skimmer (which is a beast) ,... Very quiet and dependable pump ,... The jeboa sounds impressive from what I've read but just not too sure how much you'd gain by switching it out

The blue line is a great pump.
If I had not experienced how quiet the DC pumps were I would not be replacing or even planning on it.
The whole system really quieted down why I changed the return so really just thinking noise reduction and wondering what I can make my monster do if I push enough water to it!
I already run an alita 6a air pump to my ozone and the venture is open full blast .
IMO even though this is the recommended pump I think I should have more flow/air without closing down the return flow?
I am a very good procrastinator so who knows when I will switch over even though I have all needed.

I like the JNS SK7, The Skims Leopard SL253 or the Oval SV253, the Reef Octo 12" Regal 300 INT, Aqua Maxx ecomaxx EM600.....

Back
Top Bottom