300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once years ago I kinda chewed out Greg when he was going to throw in the towel and now maybe I gotta say something to you too .... Doug ( in all honesty ) you are prob one of the top two in this whole aquarium forum that everyone (especially me ) really look up to for ideas , honest opinions ,and years of knowledge ... Like Greg , you two have been in this business ( hobby) for years , you two are no longer just members but are actual teachers ... , I don't know if you have ever seen the movie dangerous minds or not but you ( like it or not ) Are teachers ., nobody ever said it was a easy hobby nor would everyone be receptive to your ideas or not BUT it is what it is .... You and Greg both have prob did more for me in this hobby than everyone else combined !!! Get you azz out of that mind set and start doing what you do best .... Teaching others about the ups and downs of reefing !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree with Dary. Don't let the idiots run you off from something you are good at. The AR is expensive to feed and you will shoot your eye out... Besides, your needed here.

You already own what you need to carry on. Electricity and salt aren't that much. Your keeping the current tank aren't you?

Why not downgrade and put some thought into a decked out nano or 40?

Renting and reefing are uncomfortable bed fellows for sure. Not so bad with smaller tanks, but the big ones suck when they have to be moved.

If I ever get back in I want a tank that tangs can live out their lives in. 300 gallons isn't even close. A thousand gallons might work. I'm thinking of moving to either Florida or the gulf side of Texas in the next couple years. I don't want to be lugging a ton of hobby related stuff with me. I'm a travel light kind of guy....sell everything off and buy new stuff when you get there ;)

Haven't logged on here in over a year and the first post I see I hear MrX is getting out. That stinks

Got these in the mail recently from my supplier-
img_3280970_0_f4846105ae6906a7837b11828d496cbd.jpg

img_3280970_1_c03c9933889e70525568f21e0b7888e5.jpg

My electric bill got so high that the Missouri Marijuana Eradication Task Force raided my home with machine guns. Talk about a waste of tax dollars. I told them I smoked coral, but had issues with keeping it lit. They went away very sad.

My electric bill got so high that the Missouri Marijuana Eradication Task Force raided my home with machine guns. Talk about a waste of tax dollars. I told them I smoked coral, but had issues with keeping it lit. They went away very sad.

That's funny!!

Doug I know I use more elec then my neighbors(and almost twice as much as you!),notices like that would make me flip !
Last month was 3135 kwh!!
My mongers charge as much for delivery as supply!:banghead:

LOL. That's funny.

It's funny now, but at 7am on a work day it was less funny.

I also have a glass front door where you can't help but see the whole center of my house is one big reef tank brightly lit.

It's funny now, but at 7am on a work day it was less funny.

I also have a glass front door where you can't help but see the whole center of my house is one big reef tank brightly lit.

I know how that "funny " after the fact works too,.... Last year , after flying across the pacific to Hononlulu catching the short flight to kona,.. Getting the rental car , driving to the condo,..checking in and stopping just long enough to drop off the suitcases,...off to the grocery store , buy a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff, back to the condo,..mind you it's hotter than hell and really humid and we are absolutely bushed ,.... Get back to the condo , unload some groceries ,...Dary's really had it at this point so I grab a tall longboard beer and head out to the lanai to relax,... My girl friend Laura follows me and closes the sliding glass door behind her and it locks shut ,... So here we are locked out side with one beer ,the cell phone is 99.9 % dead ,the condo check in office is closed ,... I'm imagining being stuck out there all nite and I'm having thoughts about peeing over the balcony soon !!! Laura said the look I gave her would have melted butter !
Long story short Laura yelled down to someone on the floor or two below us and they managed to find a caretaker who came up and unlocked the door ( he also replaced the faulty lock mech on the glass door ). Really funny NOW but not so funny back then ,....we'll be at the exact same condo this Monday ,. Laura promises not to close the glass door behind her this time

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

CYA soon. I'm not getting to go on vacation darn it. I have drawn the short straw and get open heart surgery Monday. Reef is on its own for awhile. Peace.

CYA soon. I'm not getting to go on vacation darn it. I have drawn the short straw and get open heart surgery Monday. Reef is on its own for awhile. Peace.

omg are you kidding? You never mentioned anything about that !!! Fingers crossed and prayers with you !!!
No worries Gregor , you'll be back better than ever soon enough ,.... Keep us informed !!!! Aloha

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom