34 gal Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, I thought the same thing considering my other tank has been up for almost two years with only coralline on rocks and powerheads.

Ive had corraline algae grow with no lights on at all during a cycle. Just light from lamps in the room was getting in the tank.

I love the clarkii and Midas too btw. Clarkiis are so much better than regular occelaris or percs.

Thanks everyone! Yeah I chose well with the clarkii. He loves his rose BTA too. Sleeps in it all snuggled up. It's the cutest. And my Midas sleeps on the ground front and center up against the glass. Crazy fish.

I have quite a bit of coralline growing in my 180g after only like 2 months. I started with coralline on the snail shells too, with the right things it will grow like a fiend. :)

My 37g has only been up for only 9 months and i have my back and side glass COVERED. My snowball urchin eats 25% of the coraline on my rocks though but never takes on the back glass or i dont notice it... What type of salt do you use? I use reef crystals and have sploches growing daily.

I use reef crystals also. :) Best salt for the money I have found. I do change up every once in awhile but always get back to I/O. lol

Pretty low key. 7-8 gal water changes every week or two weeks (I use a pitcher), top off with ro/di every day. Alk was low today so I dosed it but all in all it's not bad. Nothing like my 75 gal. Everything about that tank is a pain in the butt. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom