35gal reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Kevin, I hope the Dendro opens too. I will run my tests shortly and make a water run this afternoon. Hope I don't end up with another frag.... Lol

Thanks Kevin, I hope the Dendro opens too. I will run my tests shortly and make a water run this afternoon. Hope I don't end up with another frag.... Lol

Well you should buy 2 and let me get the $10 one lol. Hey we could try a group buy and see if he will give us a good deal like maybe 8 frags for $100 or something lol

when I buy some of that cabbage our pulsating xenia you want to buy some?

Well you should buy 2 and let me get the $10 one lol. Hey we could try a group buy and see if he will give us a good deal like maybe 8 frags for $100 or something lol

when I buy some of that cabbage our pulsating xenia you want to buy some?

We could talk to them and see, it doesn't hurt to ask.
I would love another pulsating xenia, I lost mine early on due to an alkalinity spike. Watch the reef code B.

I love your new scape! You tucked that dendro in nicely. Do you have a helfrichi firefish or is it a purple firefish? Whichever it is, it's gorgeous!

I love your new scape! You tucked that dendro in nicely. Do you have a helfrichi firefish or is it a purple firefish? Whichever it is, it's gorgeous!

Thank you! I'll be working on the right side soon also. I'm hoping the Dendro will appreciate the shade. It's a purple firefish and I love his colors too.

ForumRunner_20130216_123346.jpg

I raised my airstone up to the top of my skimmer tube in my skilter 400 yesterday. I wasn't happy with the amount being collected on a weekly basis. I'm happy today with the results. After just under 24hrs it pulled out twice as much as the previous 7 day period. It's not as dark but definitely works better near the surface.
Dendrophyllia still hasn't opened, starting to think I made a bad decision getting it.

I raised my airstone up to the top of my skimmer tube in my skilter 400 yesterday. I wasn't happy with the amount being collected on a weekly basis. I'm happy today with the results. After just under 24hrs it pulled out twice as much as the previous 7 day period. It's not as dark but definitely works better near the surface.
Dendrophyllia still hasn't opened, starting to think I made a bad decision getting it.

Maybe they will trade you for something else

I found this on another site.
They said to take a liter bottle and cut in half. Then place over dendro and target feed inside the half bottle with a small amount and if you see tentacles start to come out give it more. They said it will train it?

I found this on another site.
They said to take a liter bottle and cut in half. Then place over dendro and target feed inside the half bottle with a small amount and if you see tentacles start to come out give it more. They said it will train it?

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate your help. I will try it!

Maybe they will trade you for something else

It's bleaching out along the bottom and one tube is open and you can see into the base where it is all white, obviously dead. I doubt they will trade me a healthy coral for a dying coral. It's cemented into place. :(

It's bleaching out along the bottom and one tube is open and you can see into the base where it is all white, obviously dead. I doubt they will trade me a healthy coral for a dying coral. It's cemented into place. :(

Yeah that sucks... They cut it off the big one right? That may be part of it. I would take it to them and see if they can get it to do better in their tank. if you have to get another one I would get one that has been there a bit and is doing good... Just a thought

That was a good link, I actually tried pushing thawed marine cuisine into the tubes, no luck. I'll try the bottle trick, also may pick up some better food.

Back
Top Bottom