35gal reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the tubes just barely poked its feeding tentacles out. Only have the actinic lights on. Can't get a pic but I'm happy It's trying to feed!!!

They are EXTREMELY light sensitive! Tried to get a better look by shielding the light from a flashlight and as soon as the dim white lite hit it he retracted.

Yesterday I did my first successful frag swap with my new friend Kwandrsn, my 2 Kenya tree branches for a double head pulsating xenia, today the xenia is open and happy!
I currently have 22 different frags. This stuff is addictive! Lol :)
Thanks Kevin, hope the Kenya tree is opening up for you today.

Yesterday I did my first successful frag swap with my new friend Kwandrsn, my 2 Kenya tree branches for a double head pulsating xenia, today the xenia is open and happy!
I currently have 22 different frags. This stuff is addictive! Lol :)
Thanks Kevin, hope the Kenya tree is opening up for you today.

Eek. That's awesome! I have yet to find any users in my area. :(

That's so cool that y'all live close enough to do that!

Yeah It's awesome! I have someone to go stare at corals with at our lfs. Lol.
It's pretty cool for sure!

We live about an hour away from each other :)

I'm glad its opening for you that's cool. my lights don't come on till 12 so I have a couple hours to wait :-(
I'm thinking about cheating and turning the lights on lol

We live about an hour away from each other :)

I'm glad its opening for you that's cool. my lights don't come on till 12 so I have a couple hours to wait :-(

Hope its still glued in place for ya. It should open good today.

Changed bulbs in my 2 bulb T5 HO fixture today. Went with Giesemann Power Chrome Actinic + dark blue 22,000k and aquablue + 15,000k.
Also mistakenly put the actinic in front. Definitely way more blue! May switch them back to white in front actinic in back.

Before:

ForumRunner_20130224_161809.jpg

After:

ForumRunner_20130224_162000.jpg

Now after putting the white back in front. Hard to tell in a picture, still a lot more blue but brighter in the front of the tank.

ForumRunner_20130224_163451.jpg

Back
Top Bottom