35gal reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, that is some nice rockwork. I can't wait till I get my live rock; I just bought 40kg of live rock from someone of gumtree.com.au(aussie craigslist) He had a pic of his 8x2x2.5ft with 60kg and it had a nice layout. My tank is 75gal so I should have plenty of rock to aquascape. :)

Anyway that rock does look great. The corraline growth is excellent for a newly established tank. Hope all goes well.:)

Thanks Chris, I'm very fortunate to have an awesome lfs ten minutes away. I pay a little more but It's worth it to me. I lost my yellow watchman goby yesterday. :( its 3am and couldn't sleep. Doing a full assessment in the morning. Didn't appear to have been attacked. He was wedged into a small hole in a rock. I hate losing fish!

Sorry for your loss. When I thought I was going to lose my foxface from a spike in the water conditions I started panicking so much, I thought I was gonna pass out. Hahaha

Thanks, I'm gonna miss my little guardian of the reef. Water is perfect. RIP little buddy.

ForumRunner_20121108_102150.jpg

I replaced my yellow watchman goby with one that appears much healthier. Also added a fire shrimp. Happy day!

ForumRunner_20121109_182824.jpg

ForumRunner_20121109_183046.jpg

apet66 said:
I replaced my yellow watchman goby with one that appears much healthier. Also added a fire shrimp. Happy day!

I love the YW gobies. They always look so mad. Lol. That is a pretty fire shrimp! Very colorful. :)

Thank you! Yeah they are always on guard and look like they have a major attitude. The fire shrimp definitely catches your attention when he makes an appearance.

Do the fire shrimp hide a lot? Thinking of one for the FOWLR, but if they hide all the time, don't want it.

He comes out more than my peppermint shrimp. Especially at feeding time.

dezso said:
You can replace a lightbulb or broken mirror but not a Watchmen Goby, certainly always you can get an other one.
My guy is with me for almost 5 years, best fish ever.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/18/dscn01911.jpg

Perhaps "replaced" was not the correct choice of words. Your link did not work for me. Do you focus feed your watchman? I'm looking forward to many years of enjoyment from my little guardian of the reef.

Beengirl said:
Do the fire shrimp hide a lot? Thinking of one for the FOWLR, but if they hide all the time, don't want it.

After having him a couple days and observing his behavior he does seem to stay hidden most of the time. At feeding time he does roam the tank picking through the sand looking for food. Unlike the peppermint shrimp who just wait till something drifts by.

WOW!!! I aspire to have a tank that beautiful one day! Your watchman is awesome! High five!

I added some rubble and a clam that was in with the live rock at my lfs. Not sure what kind. Also a little starfish that hitch hiked in on a rock. It's all coming together.

ForumRunner_20121110_133920.jpg

It's hard to see the starfish. I think its some form of brittle star. Long thin legs. Brown and white bands on the legs. Look close at the hole in the rock and 1 leg on the bottom coming out the back side.

ForumRunner_20121110_140620.jpg

ForumRunner_20121110_140713.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121110_140758.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121110_140758.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 107
There is 2 starfish, just saw some legs coming out of a different piece of the new rock. Same pattern on the legs.

Back
Top Bottom