35gal reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have never had any Duncans in the $20.00 tank. They want $20.00/head. Kenya tree all day long for $20.00. What are you thinking for fish?

They have never had any Duncans in the $20.00 tank. They want $20.00/head. Kenya tree all day long for $20.00. What are you thinking for fish?

Well I want
2 spotted cardinal
Citris Goby
Fire fish
Six line wrasse
And either a orange spotted goby
Or a watchman

Well I want
2 spotted cardinal
Citris Goby
Fire fish
Six line wrasse
And either a orange spotted goby
Or a watchman

Cool, I don't know much about the 6 line wrasse (cool looking) but everything else shouldn't be bad tank mates.

Great pictures. Your lighting is beautiful. I forget what light system you're using. Is it still a 2 bulb T5?

Great pictures. Your lighting is beautiful. I forget what light system you're using. Is it still a 2 bulb T5?

Thank you! I'm using my HTC Evo with the 10mp camera. Yep still running the 2 bulb t5. Everything I have in the tank is doing good. Frogspawn could open more, its about 6" under my lights. Any suggestions???

Amazing looking tank ! I just ordered a taotronics 120w dimmable panel hope it turns out on my 30g Hex

Amazing looking tank ! I just ordered a taotronics 120w dimmable panel hope it turns out on my 30g Hex

Thank you! It's been up and running for about 4 months now. Let me know how the taotronics looks when you get it running. I may upgrade soon.

Your tank is very nice!!!! Love the ricordea. :) And great pick up on the conch! I love my conch!! I'm always promoting conch! They're great members of he CUC and more interesting I watch them snails. :)

Your tank is very nice!!!! Love the ricordea. :) And great pick up on the conch! I love my conch!! I'm always promoting conch! They're great members of he CUC and more interesting I watch them snails. :)

Thanks a bunch, I'm amazed at the color after only 4 months. I wanted to set up a reef tank for quite some time. The conch is very cool, I sat and watched it for hours yesterday. He really works that sand bed! Definitely a great member of my cuc and I'll be recommending one to people with salt water tanks. Thanks again! :)

apet66 said:
Thank you! I'm using my HTC Evo with the 10mp camera. Yep still running the 2 bulb t5. Everything I have in the tank is doing good. Frogspawn could open more, its about 6" under my lights. Any suggestions???

I wholeheartedly approve of using 2 T5s over this kind of reef. It makes me laugh when people say it can't be done.

How long had the frogspawn been in that spot? It could be a flow issue or it may just want to be lower. I've had frogspawn grow new heads at the bottom of tanks with only 2 VHOs. They don't need to be placed right under the light and they usually don't like strong flow. If he's putting out tentacles at night or just before the lights go off you may want to drop a frozen mysid or brine shrimp or two on him. You can do that a couple times a week when you see his tentacles out.

Wait, do you know your alkalinity and calcium levels?

I wholeheartedly approve of using 2 T5s over this kind of reef. It makes me laugh when people say it can't be done.

How long had the frogspawn been in that spot? It could be a flow issue or it may just want to be lower. I've had frogspawn grow new heads at the bottom of tanks with only 2 VHOs. They don't need to be placed right under the light and they usually don't like strong flow. If he's putting out tentacles at night or just before the lights go off you may want to drop a frozen mysid or brine shrimp or two on him. You can do that a couple times a week when you see his tentacles out.

Wait, do you know your alkalinity and calcium levels?

Salinity- 1.025
PH- 8.0
KH- 9 (alk)
Trites- 0
Ammonia- 0
Trates- 20
CA- 400
Mg- 1500
Phosphate <.25
The frogspawn has been in that spot for about 3 months and doesn't extend feeding tentacles ever, stays pretty clamped up. May lower it in the tank. It's not getting strong flow right now.
Thanks for the advice.

Those are pretty solid levels except for the nitrates. You also have slightly elevated PO4 but that shouldn't cause much trouble with LPSs and soft corals. A water change would help lower the nitrates. Let us know if he perks up once you try out a new spot for it. I'm not sure why some frogspawn do well higher and others do well lower but if he's been unhappy for three months it's worth giving it a go. Good luck! ^_^

Back
Top Bottom