37-Gallon Saltwater Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boulder

Aquarium Advice Activist
Folks - here are a few pictures of our aquarium progression ... thank you for everyones advice and opinions so far. I am sure we will be asking plenty more questions in the near future!

Attachments

• Feather Duster.jpg
    Feather Duster.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Bristle Worm.jpg
    Bristle Worm.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Shrimp.jpg
    Shrimp.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Various Life.jpg
    Various Life.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 108
What kind of LR did you get?

Well - I don't know the origin of all the rock, however the bulk of it came from one LFS who labeled it to be Fiji. The long 'branch' type piece was sold as 'Tonga' I believe.

Really nice setup. Do you have any full tank shots?

Linksyz - here are a couple overall views of our aquarium ... and one of the feather duster that hitch-hiked in on my live-rock.

Note our cats reflection in the one picture ... he is torn between dreaming about catching the fish in the aquarium or the wild birds at the feeder in the backyard!

Attachments

• Overall Tank.jpg
    Overall Tank.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 242
  • Overall View.jpg
    Overall View.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Feather Duster Out.jpg
    Feather Duster Out.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 119
That is a beautifully setup tank. Kudos on the whole thing. Extremely nice.

And just a few pictures closer up, including my Aptasia colony which the shrimp are slowly taking care of :D.

Attachments

• Snail and Shrimp.jpg
    Snail and Shrimp.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 102
  • Feather Duster Close.jpg
    Feather Duster Close.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Aptasia Close.jpg
    Aptasia Close.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Shrimp Close.jpg
    Shrimp Close.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 95
A couple new additions to our aquarium.

Attachments

• Scarlet Skunk Shrimp.jpg
    Scarlet Skunk Shrimp.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Hawaiian Feather Duster.jpg
    Hawaiian Feather Duster.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 89
Awesomeness. I love the feather duster on its little rock island lol.

Awesomeness. I love the feather duster on its little rock island lol.

Thanks! - yea, that seemed to be a good spot for the feather duster ... kinda showcase him up front, plus I have a Korilla 3 pushing water to the front glass and in that area he's getting a nice steady flow.

I find myself intrigued by invertebrates - ever heard of an invert only tank :???:?

Looks pretty nice. Are those aiptasis in the tank?

Yea - that's my Aiptasia colony ... luckily my Peppermint shrimp do find them tasty. A week ago I had about 12 and today we count about 6. Gonna let the shrimp have at em' for another week and then maybe try this stuff called 'Aiptasia-x'.

Honestly, i love your tank. Its not too big, not too small. Its just perfect. Not to mention you aquascaped your tank extremely well. When you get the chance take some more pics! I love seeing the tanks! :)

Thanks linksyz! We initially wanted to go a bit bigger gallon wise but didn't really have the room - however, this 37-gallon has been a good reintroduction to the saltwater aquarium hobby.

I'll post more pics as things progress and as we add new members to our aquarium.

Good job on the tank. It looks really good. Giving me ideas. Are you planning on adding any more LR to the tank?

Are you planning on adding any more LR to the tank?

I think we are going to add another maybe 5-lbs or so ... were at the point we are real selective in how the rock looks and fits into our aquascape so if we see an interesting or unique smaller piece at the LFS we buy it.

Man why can't my live rock look beautiful like that with colorful algae on it? All I have on mine is brown algae :( I did just get it not that long ago though.

Back
Top Bottom