400g Agressissive/Fish Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish/tank are doing great. Filtration is kicking. Bio block has the ammonia at 0 and the carbon box keeps nitrates at 0. Reeflo skimmer is full on and changing filter sock about every 4 days. 80 gallon water change every two weeks. Salinity is 1.010. Keeping their water pristine and in hypo as I add fish. Slowly. It's going to be an awesome fish only.

Fish/tank are doing great. Filtration is kicking. Bio block has the ammonia at 0 and the carbon box keeps nitrates at 0. Reeflo skimmer is full on and changing filter sock about every 4 days. 80 gallon water change every two weeks. Salinity is 1.010. Keeping their water pristine and in hypo as I add fish. Slowly. It's going to be an awesome fish only.

Sounds like you got it going on. Cant wait to see updates on this one!

New adds

Emperor Angel & Passer Angel

Attachments

• image-1734143034.jpg
    image-1734143034.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 177
  • image-943111529.jpg
    image-943111529.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 170
  • image-3942790849.jpg
    image-3942790849.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 162
Actually, no problems. There's a lot of tank.

I know...I'm working on a 240g right now and can't even imagine having almost twice that. What are the dimensions?

I've always heard that putting two Angels in a tank can cause problems, as they tend to not get along and they will bump into one another, even in a large tank. At best, they will learn to tolerate one another.

I know...I'm working on a 240g right now and can't even imagine having almost twice that. What are the dimensions?

I've always heard that putting two Angels in a tank can cause problems, as they tend to not get along and they will bump into one another, even in a large tank. At best, they will learn to tolerate one another.

The general rules are that Angels from different oceans can mix, Angels from different families can mix (i.e. Holocanthus vs. Pomocanthus), Large Angels (Pomos, Holos, Chaetodontoplus, etc.) and Genocanthus Angels can mix, Large Angels/ Genocanthus Angels and Dwarf and Pigmy type Angels can mix. When you try to mix similar families from same oceans, the general rule is to put the least aggressive fish in first followed by the more aggressive types. This only works however when there are plenty of hiding spots for the fish to call home. Lack of decor will lead to territorial fighting. Sometimes mixing different dwarf Angels is actually harder than mixing large Angels. Those little buggers can become very territorial as they are customarily harem breeders so they require a lot of space for the group. As always, these are the general rules. Not all fish read the rules or follow them ;) ( I personally have had up to 5 different types of Angels at the same time in my 75 gal tank so I know it can be done. :))

I recently read online about a hobbyist who had 13 different types of Angels in his one tank. When done properly, it can be done. (There were pictures as well ;) )

Hope this helps (y)

I learned something new today. Thanks Andy! Now I have to totally re-think my 240g stocking list. I always wanted a couple of larger angels and maybe three dwarfs. I would be happy with two and two.

I know...I'm working on a 240g right now and can't even imagine having almost twice that. What are the dimensions? I've always heard that putting two Angels in a tank can cause problems, as they tend to not get along and they will bump into one another, even in a large tank. At best, they will learn to tolerate one another.
3' x 3' x 6'
Trying to maintain a stress free environment. They eat well too.

Attachments

• image-2573148347.jpg
    image-2573148347.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 193
Back
Top Bottom