46 gal bow front reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00trick00

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got a start on my 46 gal that will be viewable from my living room and my dining room. This is I'm 2nd saltwater tank, my first was a 5 gal pico that's been up and running for about 8 months. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449187695.218328.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449187714.461452.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449187723.948545.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449187734.985386.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

WOW!
Nice build!!
I will guess by your building skills exhibited you are going to DIY the filter???:cool:

Love the work on the cabinet!!!!(y)

:popcorn:

Lol, thanks! Yea, I'm still working on my sump. Just planned on a basic 20 gal long sump with a coralife superskimmer, dc 9000 return and a refugium. Nothing fancy, just the basics.

Here is a pic of my diy overflowImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449189005.108044.jpg it does about 300 gph when I tested it. I wanted the least amount of obstruction when viewing in the tank. It can be taken apart and cleaned.

Nice looking build! I'll be following! What are you using for lighting?

Well after a few years of crazy.... I finally have some life in this tank. Right now I just have 2 clowns and 1 diamond watchman goby. Hopefully I can get a lemon peel angel and 2 purple gobys this weekend. I would really love some sort of brittle star at some point, what you all think.IMG_2234.jpg

Careful with the firefish (im assuming this is what you mean by purple goby) as they’ll usually fight unless 100% a proven pair which is pretty impossible to tell at a store. I’d only go with 1z

Ok good info, I first wanted 4-5 pajama cardinals in place of the purple firefish but I'm afraid the bioload might be too much. Might just go with 3?

Back
Top Bottom