46 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. Yes I know. I was using tap water instead of RO. Switched over and it's been decreasing fast.

Thanks! I got lucky, my LFS let me have the 8lb rock and the duster for only $15! One of my better buys. :)

Are you planning on running GFO on your system to help with controling Phosphates?

I hadn't thought about it. Honestly it's been getting better and better but I guess it could only help if I did, right? I do my PWCs on Mondays. I'll add some then.

I hadn't thought about it. Honestly it's been getting better and better but I guess it could only help if I did, right? I do my PWCs on Mondays. I'll add some then.

Sometimes PWC aren't always the solution to eliminating Phosphates especially if you feed heavy- I do water changes every week and feed everyday and still have Phosphates present- Adding a Phos reactor would really help out the situation, especailly if your adding corals~ JMO

I'm feeding once every other day at the moment. When I was using tap water I was feeding everyday. I think with switching water sources and feeding schedule it's gotten better.

I'm feeding once every other day at the moment. When I was using tap water I was feeding everyday. I think with switching water sources and feeding schedule it's gotten better.

Thats cool... Well if for some reason your still with the same problem in the next month or two I would try the reactor out. (y)

the tap water was probably the biggest influence my tap water has 1.0 phosphates so just keep doing what your doing it will go away

Update:
I've been keeping an eye out for a reactor at my LFS but they never seem to have one. On the upside, all the hair algae is gone, replaced now with ALOT of coralline. I've put a link for my flickr for now since I can't upload from iPhone. You can see heavy purple coralline in the middle and ALL of the green is the coralline spreading. It's all turning purple slowly. You can see it on my heater and my powerhead in the lower left back of my tank.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/supersandwich/5735662529/

Definitly getting better. A month or two, and it looks like it will be quite the turn around. No big deal since there aren't any corals to be encroached on and the fish don't seem to mind.

Nice tank you have there.

Here's a picture from tonight that shows no more hair algae. It's looking so much better!

Back
Top Bottom