55 Gal (1 year old) Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surjer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just snapped a few pictures. Looking for advice on this bad boy. Need to make it "look good". I love this tank but at the same time I look at other tanks and they just look soo much better. I cant put my finger on it but for some reason this one just looks dull at times..

Attachments

• OverallTankJan2k9.jpg
    OverallTankJan2k9.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 207
  • polypFrag.jpg
    polypFrag.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_2093.jpg
    DSC_2093.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 132
  • YTDamsel.jpg
    YTDamsel.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 101
Just snapped a few pictures. Looking for advice on this bad boy. Need to make it "look good". I love this tank but at the same time I look at other tanks and they just look soo much better. I cant put my finger on it but for some reason this one just looks dull at times..
Try to get 1 more of the foxface he's cool

great coralline algae growth on the rocks. I think it looks pretty good. I would look at adding more corals sometime later

Looks good mabey open up the rock so there are some caves and nice open hole and some corals later on keep up the good job.

Well I removed a few pounds of LR and opened it up and made some caves and it looks alot better. I need to add some more corals for sure. I think Im going to add some carbon to the phosban reactor just to polish up the water..

Any new pics?I took out some of my rock and opened up some nice cave and open areas.The flow seems better and the fish and corals look like there real happy with the improvements i made:mrgreen:

Updated pix.. Im still not happy with the tank yet tho..

Attachments

• DSC_2122.jpg
    DSC_2122.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_2123.jpg
    DSC_2123.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_2124.jpg
    DSC_2124.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 99
Well, I just got another idea. I might try to move the BakPak skimmer all the way to the right so its not dead center in the tank. Then I could build up the wall a little higher in the middle to give it a more "not aquirium" look? Also I will try to get the Phosban Reactor hoses out of plain site somehow. Maybe they will go to the other side!

Thanks! I added a new guy to the tank. Its an anemone. Seams to be doing great! I leave my lights on for like 14 hours a day. (Work schedule + no timerz) lol

Attachments

• DSC_2205.jpg
    DSC_2205.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 105
Wow, is that the guy on the bottom left? That guy is HUGE!!!! :) Congrats on the new pickup :) Btw, is it a bubble tip?

Yeah he is REALLY flippn big. When I had him in the bag from the lhs he was the size of a hockey puck. When I put him in the tank he was stretched out about 15 inches. Crazy story. I put him in right where he is now and he settled in almost within like 2 hours. I didnt really like where he was cause he was kind of leaned up against the glass. I moved him to the middle upper side of the tank. I left the room for like 5 minutes and somehow he had manged to put himself RIGHT BACK IN THE SAME SPOT! This thing is like a little wet tissues paper that the current would just blow up against the glass but some how he knows how to maneuver with the tank and get where he wants by falling over and spreading out to catch the breeze..

VERY weird thing an anemone is..

Tank2379 - I have the coralife power compacts. 65wX4. Im going to be adding the T5's here soon but my softies and he seam to like what I have just fine.

I have heard others having lots of trouble keeping anemone's withought MH lighting.. Others have good luck like myself..

:) I have my anemones with just T5HO, it's doing really fine :)... anemone is strange, mine also moves around and then I hate his final spot, so I put him back to the best spot that he likes before, and he stays :), so I'm GLAD :) and since my clownfish is hosting it, I'm even happier :) anyway, yes, yours is HUMONGOUS :) but pretty, too bad it's backing the front tank :) maybe you can put it on the side :p

Tank2379 - I have the coralife power compacts. 65wX4. Im going to be adding the T5's here soon but my softies and he seam to like what I have just fine.

I have heard others having lots of trouble keeping anemone's withought MH lighting.. Others have good luck like myself..

Nice I have the Nova Pro and I love this fixture.... If you get T-5's you should look into this one.... (y)

Thanks! I added a new guy to the tank. Its an anemone. Seams to be doing great! I leave my lights on for like 14 hours a day. (Work schedule + no timerz) lol

wow...that's a long time for the daylight lights to be on. If you go to Home Depot, and visit the lighting section, you'll find the Intermatic Digital outdoor lighting timer. It's only $19.99. It has two outlets for lights (both will come on at the same time). If you want the actinics to run longer than the daylights, you'll have to get two separate timers. I love this timer..it's made for the outdoors, so wet locations are no problems. I have them on all three of my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom