56 Gal Corner reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EricL

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 56 gallon corner tank with a 75 gph protein skimmer, 10 gallon sump with live rock ( no bio balls ). 400 watt MH 12K with a lunar LED. I only have a flame angel and some damsels. I had to get rid of the other fish that were unsafe for the reef. I don't know all the names of my corals but I know 1 is a gonipora. It is my favorite. My tank has been a reef tank for 6 months but the tank has been established fro 3 years as a fish only. I am not running a water chiller or U.V sterilizer. No need right now. Any advice would be great.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 92
Very nice tank. I like it. OK now for some advice. While you were getting rid of the fish that was not good for your reef you should have gotten rid of the flame. Many publications have them as "with caution". IMO they are not coral safe. He might be OK now but so was my dwarfs for 4 yrs before they wrecked havoc in my tank. Just keep a close eye out on him.

I will keep an eye on the flame. So far he has been OK with the corals. Thanks!!! This community has been great. You guys have helped me sooo much and things have turned out great.

Night view

Here is some lunar pics i just took.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 89
very nice pics and tank. to help with the coral IDs, the green fuzzies just behind and to the right of the Goniopora look like Green star polyps (often abbreviated GSPs). Also looks like you have some zoanthids and some leather coral frags too.

Thanks. I have now only 1 thing to purchase. I have to buy RO/Di from my lfs and now I think I want one. My tank looks so much better with clean water.

You may want to check online first before you buy from the LFS. They generally have high mark ups on non live stock kinds of things. E-bay is another good place to look

Thanks. I have now only 1 thing to purchase. I have to buy RO/Di from my lfs and now I think I want one. My tank looks so much better with clean water.

As Pat said, check on ebay for the RO/DI unit. I got mine off ebay and am very happy with it. You can pick one up for about $100 shipped.

Back
Top Bottom