57 rimless build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying biopellets in this tank. I have been battling hair algea in my 30 gallon and a lot of people suggested it. The automatic coral food is a plus too.
ForumRunner_20131116_082811.jpg

I am also trying biopellets, they have been soaking in ro water overnight and should be hooking it up today.
I tried them once before and saw some results, but the darn reactor kept getting clogged so i took it off. I got a new type, instead of it going up and through the pellets it shoots water down and keep them moving that way.

I am also trying biopellets, they have been soaking in ro water overnight and should be hooking it up today.
I tried them once before and saw some results, but the darn reactor kept getting clogged so i took it off. I got a new type, instead of it going up and through the pellets it shoots water down and keep them moving that way.

How much flow did you have through the reactor, I'm not sure if it should be fast or slow. The holes look really small in the chamber I'm worried about them clogging, might need to put some kinda prefilter in.
What brand is the new one?

I used a maxijet 1200 for the original one I tried, it is a two little fishies reactor. The new one is this one:

Hydra Aquatics BioPellet Reactor

I got the medium sized one since its going on a 180g, but I also wanted more room than a regular one gives so that the pellets can tumble. I plan on using a mag 5 to run this one.
I also would suggest a ball valve on the input line, so you can adjust it so that you have the least amount of flow but all the pellets tumble. AS it gets clogged you can adjust with the valve and get more flow to keep them moving.

Does anyone know why my pictures are so small when I attach them? I'm using the Android app.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131203_111257.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131203_111257.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 162
Assuming Android app is similar to the iOS version: there is a setting to change the quality of attachments.

More->Forum Posting Options->Attachment Quality

It only took 3 months but it's finally functional, the water is still cloudy from the salt. Hope to get the sand in tonight.

Attachments

• IMAG0318.jpg
    IMAG0318.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0319.jpg
    IMAG0319.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMAG0320.jpg
    IMAG0320.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom