57 rimless build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It took a while for the water to clear up, I put the sand in Tuesday I think. If the parameters stay stable I'm going to move everything in on Sunday. I threw about a dozen snails in and they are doing fine

Finally it is finished! Moved everything from the old tank today, fish and corals seemed to take it okay. They all opened within 30 minutes and the fish were ready to eat. Now I get to fill it up with more coral and fish!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387155528816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387155528816.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 137
I don't like my skimmer, it's a coralife it's bulky, awkward to work with, and doesn't skim very well. Anyone have a suggestion for a good skimmer that will fit in a 10W 12L 10 deep area.

How about an eshopps? I was pressed for room in my 125g sump and found one that fit right in. :)

Marinedepot.com has the dimensions of every skimmer listed so you might want to take a look at those.

I don't like my skimmer, it's a coralife it's bulky, awkward to work with, and doesn't skim very well. Anyone have a suggestion for a good skimmer that will fit in a 10W 12L 10 deep area.

lol. :)

I'm running two eshopps skimmers, an asm and just sold off my reef octopus and I liked the eshopps best of all of them. Pulls alot of gunk, small and not as expensive as the others. Also found it to be the easiest to dial in. The only other option for a small space are the reef octopus space savers and to be honest they cost alot more than the eshopps.

I have a remora and really like it. BUT I wouldnt go over like a 40g tank with it. I used it on a 29g and it was awesome, I also am using it on a 60g and its barely adequate.

Some people dont like them but I never had an issue, I liked it so much that after Isold my first one I went and bought another one. lol

Alright after a little over a week I'm already ditching the Hydor Smartwave system. The clicking is driving me and the fish crazy. I did a lot of research on the Ecotech MP40 while I was building the tank so I'm going to order one. Good thing it's Christmas tomorrow, I need some money!

i would just add some dry rock, it is much cheaper and you get more volume per pound than wet rock. though if you can't stand it looking different for a while, i would add live

Back
Top Bottom