6 Month old 55G reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
i'll post some more images just showing the progress on my tank so far
55G Reef w/ 10G sump
6 bulb 54W T5HO fixture
Reef octopus insump skimmer

just recently upgraded to 1x vortech mp40 that i got a great deal on with the return pump output on the other side of the tank will use the old pumps and 1 vortech on the 180G im building

Livestock
2X percula Clownfish
2X blue/green Chromis
1x Kole Tang
2x Cleaner shrimp
1x Coral banded shrimp
3x Mexican turbo snails
1x fighting conch
3x Nassarius Snails
various other snails and crabs

Corals
1 torch coral
3 frogspawns
2 brain corals
1 giant elephant muchroom coral
1 duncan coral
3x xenia colonies and they keep spreading i never should have added them lol
1 large green star polyp
1x large galaxea coral
large zooanthid colony
elegance coral
toadstool leather top of the picture its not opening up fully added it a few days ago

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I see that you have a kole tang. Does he do well in your tank? How big is he? The reason I am asking is because I would like to get one.

I have found my kole tang to be more active than the yellow tang i have. I wasn't expecting that LOL. He also really really likes my rockwork. so you need lots of hiding spots and open space. :)

Carey would you suggest putting a kole tang in a 48"long 60gal tank lol??? I'm desperately looking for a main fish and this one keeps conning back to mind.

I know the 'rules" say a 75g is sufficient but based on the activity level of mine i would want him in a bigger tank. If you are in the middle of planning an upgrade I would think a small one would be ok for awhile.

I may have an overly active one too, never know ;-)

have you thought about a dwarf angel like a lemonpeel, almost exactly like a yellow tang. or maybe a coral beauty. I am also recently very fond of the anthias.

I have thought about the angelfish. Thing is I plan on having a reef tank and have heard that they all like to eat and nip at corals. I am thinking on in the next few years moving into a 120gal.

Check out the anthias in my 125g build thread, I just posted a picture. One of the most spectauclar fish I've ever seen next to a mandarin. :)

Wow def like the fish. Lol I am now considering getting one :) thanks. Off to do research.

He's very active spends most of his day pecking algae off the glass and rocks the minimum tank size for the kole is 70 figure I will be fine with it til I move it to the 180

Tomchong22 said:
I see that you have a kole tang. Does he do well in your tank? How big is he? The reason I am asking is because I would like to get one.

Had him about 3-4 weeks so far he's going great eating well and very active gets along well with my other fish

hackteck said:
i'll post some more images just showing the progress on my tank so far
55G Reef w/ 10G sump
6 bulb 54W T5HO fixture
Reef octopus insump skimmer

just recently upgraded to 1x vortech mp40 that i got a great deal on with the return pump output on the other side of the tank will use the old pumps and 1 vortech on the 180G im building

Livestock
2X percula Clownfish
2X blue/green Chromis
1x Kole Tang
2x Cleaner shrimp
1x Coral banded shrimp
3x Mexican turbo snails
1x fighting conch
3x Nassarius Snails
various other snails and crabs

Corals
1 torch coral
3 frogspawns
2 brain corals
1 giant elephant muchroom coral
1 duncan coral
3x xenia colonies and they keep spreading i never should have added them lol
1 large green star polyp
1x large galaxea coral
large zooanthid colony
elegance coral
toadstool leather top of the picture its not opening up fully added it a few days ago

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/img20110618150115.jpg/

Your tank looks great,hard to comment before your thread got hijacked.

By the way,think you need to change avatar to George the marine biologist now.

Ricksreef said:
Your tank looks great,hard to comment before your thread got hijacked.

By the way,think you need to change avatar to George the marine biologist now.

Lol

Some more Pictures

traded in one of my brain corals and paid a little extra for this great coral

Hammer Coral

Yellow watchmen coming out of his hole trying to be nosey lol and Brain Coral

Back
Top Bottom