60 gallon cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, earlier today i got a 60g cube (25x25x25) with a 20g sump and a some nice coral life metal halides at a reef event for a good price. I was planning on it being a FOWLR or a reef, not sure yet. Wanted to start of asking some stock questions. Could i be ok stocking it with this if i chose FOWLR-
1 dwarf lion fish
1 snowflake moray eel
1 pakistan butterfly
A school of damsels Or somthing else compatible
1 flame angel (from my 37g)
1 valentini puffer (also from the 37g)
And if any inverts would be availible without getting crushed or eaten whole.

I will get some pics up in a week or so when i get a photo bucket.

Thanks!

Hey guys, earlier today i got a 60g cube (25x25x25) with a 20g sump and a some nice coral life metal halides at a reef event for a good price. I was planning on it being a FOWLR or a reef, not sure yet. Wanted to start of asking some stock questions. Could i be ok stocking it with this if i chose FOWLR-
1 dwarf lion fish
1 snowflake moray eel
1 pakistan butterfly
A school of damsels Or somthing else compatible
1 flame angel (from my 37g)
1 valentini puffer (also from the 37g)
And if any inverts would be availible without getting crushed or eaten whole.

I will get some pics up in a week or so when i get a photo bucket.

Thanks!

Should be fine other than the butterfly who will outgrow the tank. I highly doubt any inverts will survive in there with the lion , eel, and puffer. I wouldn't do the damsels either, just an awful fish IMO more trouble than they are worth. Better have some nice filtration too for all those messy eaters!

Definitely following along! I too am looking to upgrade to a 60 cube in the future and one of my desired fish is a dwarf lion.

Alright thanks guys! I think is im gonna make it a reef though, are dwarf lions and snowflake morays reef combatible??? Thanks,
B

Alright thanks guys! I think is im gonna make it a reef though, are dwarf lions and snowflake morays reef combatible??? Thanks,
B

They should do fine with coral and fish, no crabs, or shrimp though. Just make sure the fish you buy are to large to fit in the lionfishes mouth.

Should be ok just don't get tiny ones. Also, get a small fuzzy dwarf lion. That will help them all grow together so he won't see them as food hopefully lol

So will the moray eat the chromis? And could i get anything else, could i put the angel (3-4 inches big) and the puffer (2-3in) in with the moray and the lion?

The snowflake is a crustacean eater by nature so it should be fine with fish. The angel is fine and the puffer should grow faster and larger than the lion as well. You should be fine with those four. Since this will e a semi aggressive reef why not add a hawkfish of some sort. A flame or long nose are very cool fish.

The snowflake is a crustacean eater by nature so it should be fine with fish. The angel is fine and the puffer should grow faster and larger than the lion as well. You should be fine with those four. Since this will e a semi aggressive reef why not add a hawkfish of some sort. A flame or long nose are very cool fish.

Well i am still thinking about FOWLR but edgeing toward a full reef with community fish and shrimp,crabs, a blue tuxedo urchin, stuff like that.

I'm following.. Can't wait to see pictures.
Have you thought of a marine betta? I'd like to try one myself.

Ehh that kinda ruins the point of it being a reef you know? I would miss haveing little hermits all around the tank lol.

Hermits would probably be fine as long as they are not tiny I was more talking like emeralds, porcelain, Pom poms, etc

Back
Top Bottom