75 gallon build- Full Triton Method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very pleased with PH at 8.15 today and the tank is still cycling. Hoping I’ll get to 8.3 fairly easily once the fuge goes online

T7cP0Eg.jpg

Finally ended the cycle. Have some chaeto and red gracilaria in the fuge doing some work. Current additions have been a small CUC, Harptail blenny, 2 PJ cardinals, and a YWG paired with a pistol shrimp. Finally got around to dry fitting the UV and carbon reactor, just need to glue it together and plumbing will be complete. Probably go pick up a couple pieces of euphyllia this weekend to get some coral life started

72jPIIi.jpg

Awesome! Looks great, hammers, torches, frogspawn? Finally starting to see euphyllia prices come down a little.

Awesome! Looks great, hammers, torches, frogspawn? Finally starting to see euphyllia prices come down a little.

Yep all of the above and then some. Likely do a couple SPS colonies on the points toward the top of the rockwork, and also ant to glue some plating montipora on the overflow. Primarily euphyllia though! Would like to turn the section of rock to the right into a rock nem garden as well. Haven’t figured out where I want to put some Goni tho…

Can’t tell which is prettier, the tank or the plumbing down below

The plumbing has been a lot of planning, doing, undoing, redoing, adding, subtracting, and headscratching! That said, I’m almost done and it’s been a pleasure watching it come to life finally.

Finally ended the cycle. Have some chaeto and red gracilaria in the fuge doing some work. Current additions have been a small CUC, Harptail blenny, 2 PJ cardinals, and a YWG paired with a pistol shrimp. Finally got around to dry fitting the UV and carbon reactor, just need to glue it together and plumbing will be complete. Probably go pick up a couple pieces of euphyllia this weekend to get some coral life started

72jPIIi.jpg

Looks amazing, can’t wait to see you fill it up now.

Love euphyllia, got a nice hammer section and a torch section going in my tank! This is the newest guy I just gotIMG_0734.jpg

Looks amazing, can’t wait to see you fill it up now.

Hopefully start filling her up soon. Found a some tennis ball sized frogspawn heads for pretty fair money, probably add a head and possibly a torch this weekend. Torches are my soft spot so don’t know if I’m quite ready just yet.

Quick update. Had a week long bacterial bloom they clouded up the water and was keeping PH low. Since it sorted itself my corals have been happy and PH swings between 8.19 and 8.24 with no kalk or CO2 scrubber, I’m paying a large tribute to the fuge and Triton Method dosing regimen. Got a nice pink frogspawn, couple Aussie torches, toxic green hammer, and a couple acan mini colonies. Officially kicked off the ugly stage and rocks are browning and growing some filamentous algae. Not sure why everyone gets so uptight about the ugly stage. I embrace it and see it as a natural progression and shows I’m on track to securing a diversified biome. But who am I.

Anyways, located a couple fish locally I’m hoping are in stock when I get to the store today. Dispar Anthias, Yellow Flanked Fairy Wrasse, and maybe a couple other small additions.

Here she is waking up, corals are all on the sand, I will mount them once the water settles a bit more. They’re still sleepy and are much fluffier when lights are fully on.

psEYcYI.jpg

Attended the New England Farmer Frag Market in CT this weekend and loaded up with some acans, zoas, couple diff hammer colors, and a small duncan. Also snagged a dozen or so nassarius snails and a sea cucumber… gotta keep that sand clean. What a show it was. Attendance was around 1300 people, over 100 vendors selling coral. Could get any type of coral you’ve wanted. Pretty unreal.

Anyways, fish are doing good, minus my Royal gramma ended up in the overflow and sucked to the drain. May or may not replace him. Recently also added a Molly Miller Blenny. Very fun fish. UV Sterilizer and carbon reactor got hooked up to my manifold as well. Chaeto is growing like a champ and is keeping nutrients in check despite heavy feeding. Enjoying the Triton method.

1 of my Aussie torches decided to check out, first loss is always discouraging. Still in the tank but barely.

jB3v9Bp.jpg

cBCtik9.jpg

oIg9r8W.jpg

It's a pretty good pickup. I wish there was a place around here that would have something like that. Keep up the good work I am really appreciating this thread.

Well I had to euthanize my yellow flanked fairy wrasse last night. Terrible thing to do but it was suffering. Had either swim bladder issue or injured it’s spine trying to either jump out of my tank or swam into a rock. It did have a mark on its nose so I’m guessing it was spinal. Monitored the fish for a day while it was swimming primarily vertical, and came home last night to it tumbling and having a difficult time. Not a fun evening, but I had to do what was best for the fish.

Back
Top Bottom