75 gallon build- Full Triton Method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone! Figured I’d (re)introduce myself. Was active back in 2015 +/- with a 40 breeder and now back at it after a decent break. Currently have a Biocube32 set up, but in the process of building a 75 gallon. Been a long time planning and ordering parts, but I almost have everything and the tank is currently being assembled by GlassCages…

I’ll be running Full Triton Method on this tank, and ended up with a Trigger Systems Triton 34V2 sump. The fuge will be lit by a AI Prime FUGE, and I’ll also be processing nutrients with a RO Classic 152S. Not in the pic but will be adding a couple AquaMaxx FRSE reactors for GFO and carbon. I’ll be pushing water back up with a Sicce Syncra Silent 5.0 and using a 3.0 for reactors and UV (if needed) down the road.

Anyways, here’s the sump with a matching ATO res. Ill put up another post shortly with my lighting info ☀️

3MhZXBc.jpg

Agreed sump looks great! Gonna be a mixed reef, lps, softies, sps?

Lighting was a bit of a deliberation for this tank. First I wanted this, then that, then this again, then those, etc etc. So, I decided to jump on a solid deal for some used Hydra 64HD’s. I’ll be adding the 36” ReefBrite X-Series dual LED bars once the tank starts growing a bit. Or sooner, most likely. Also got into the world of automation and snatched up a Hydros Control 4 to monitor PH, temp, and ORP. I’ll also be adding a CO2 scrubber with a solenoid to open and close depending on how my PH levels are. The fuge is large on this system and I’m hopeful it naturally remains in the 8.1-8.3 level like my Biocube does. Time will tell. Alongside of the Control 4 will be a WaveEngine to power and control 2 Reef Octo Pulse 2’s.

YJGTsO3.jpg

Yes I realize there’s no 48x18” glass box that’s supposed to be there. Older pic before the ATO res showed up as well !

yybLqU0.jpg

This is going to end up being a great tank from one epic looking build.

I’m hoping so! I have more time invested into planning this one out than all my precious tanks combined and then multiplied by several. Very excited and can’t wait til I can start piecing it all together.

Going fairly techy with this build and it’s taken a bit of planning but here’s what I’m thinking for my control board…

FbDDMyL.jpg

Been a minute, and patiently waiting, but my GlassCages tank has arrived… very excited to start plumbing it. They built it with 3/4” glass and this thing is sturdy. Nice beveled edges and the overflow is solid. Should see me posting more updates in the next couple weeks. Need to add some 3/4” plywood to the stand to make it rimless compatible, and some leveling neoprene. Hoping this build doesn’t drive me crazy…
BG4MLco.jpg

2FWJlWd.jpg
Due to the fact that I originally planned on getting a plastic braced aquarium, and ended up with an all glass rimless, my stand had to be modified with a 3/4” piece of plywood. Got her cut to size and sprayed with epoxy appliance paint
ru1Ihzl.jpg
. Going to be putting the leveling mat directly on top of the stand. I also cut a piece out to add to the bottom of the stand for my sump and ATO res to sit on. Hoping to have it set up to start plumbing by this weekend or next..

Got around to getting the tank on the stand finally with the help from a buddy. This thing weighs 165 lbs empty. 3/4” glass… got the dry fit for the drain lines plumbed in. Need a couple more adapters and PVC pieces and I’ll be able to tackle the return line, then hopefully the second manifold return line for my carbon reactor and UV sterilizer.

N3ps0YN.jpg

Yl2Ajya.jpg

Had to move a couple ideas around but overall happy with the plumbing schematic. Still need to add pump #2 and manifold for the UV sterilizer and carbon reactor.

Super clean looking ….. sometimes I’d like to start up a new tank again with all the knowledge ones earned thru trial and error over the years.
The big question is how much $$ do you have in this setup so far ?

Super clean looking ….. sometimes I’d like to start up a new tank again with all the knowledge ones earned thru trial and error over the years.

The big question is how much $$ do you have in this setup so far ?

I’d say so far I have between $4k - $5k…

All rough figures and I’m sure I left some out but-

-tank/stand combo was around $2k
-sump, skimmer, reactor, pumps, heaters, fuge light, power heads, plumbing another $1800
-full Hydros control- Control 4, Wave Engine, and XP8, all probes, plus InkBird, RedSea doser, Triton Method additive, ATO and ATO res $2k
-rocks, sand, Red Sea Reef Mature, Red Sea Blue Bucket $500
-found used lights- 2 AI Hydra 64’s $500

Went pretty techy and have no regrets on cost. Will likely be adding an Alkatronic for precise Alk control and will put some BRS Alk on a separate doser on top of the Triton regimen to fine tune. The system will be monitoring PH and ORP, temp, and water levels in the sump as well as the level in the skimmer collection cup. I also intend on installing a CO2 scrubber in line with my skimmer and dialing in PH with the use of a solenoid controlled by Hydros as well. Also forgot to factor in a UV sterilizer. So, yea. Been a lot of paychecks so far.

dwqK2Y9.jpg

She’s not quite done yet, still need to glue the return line, build the control board cabinet, and also build a small manifold for the second pump to feed the UV and reactor. Progress though

Sounds like you’re going to be on “ cruise control” ,… it might take all the fun out of getting up in the middle of the night trying to figure out what’s going on with my tank ? I’m not sure all the fancy stuff would be for me but it looks spectacular! Good luck !

Sounds like you’re going to be on “ cruise control” ,… it might take all the fun out of getting up in the middle of the night trying to figure out what’s going on with my tank ? I’m not sure all the fancy stuff would be for me but it looks spectacular! Good luck !

Thanks! Pretty excited to get her filled up… should be a nice euphyllia and LPS garden for sure

Back
Top Bottom