75 gallon build- Full Triton Method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got her filled up and scaped. Couple more adjustments and I think it will be solid. No leaks in the plumbing, got the pump and drain adjusted for a full siphon. Need to lower a couple sump baffles to quiet things down a tick and free up some backflow space.

bKrZpI5.jpg

Got her filled up and scaped. Couple more adjustments and I think it will be solid. No leaks in the plumbing, got the pump and drain adjusted for a full siphon. Need to lower a couple sump baffles to quiet things down a tick and free up some backflow space.

bKrZpI5.jpg

I think that’s the fun part ,…. That first fill and watching intensely for any leaks or seepage ,…. Heart beating a couple of beats faster ,eyes straining…lol…”by Jove I think you got it ! “

I think that’s the fun part ,…. That first fill and watching intensely for any leaks or seepage ,…. Heart beating a couple of beats faster ,eyes straining…lol…”by Jove I think you got it ! “

Yes, very exciting/nerve wracking turning the pump on for the first time thinking “hopefully I don’t need to redo any plumbing because my wife will kill me if the house smells like PVC primer and cement again”… can’t wait for it to clear up!

Couple tweaks to the scape and I’m happy. Time to get the water up to temp, add some salt, then add sand. Cycling time soon…

AVmUP1T.jpg

I like the scape lots of caves and swimming area but tons of room for corals too! Looks great

Whelp, already needing to change my heaters out. Was running 2 of the Jager 150 watt on an InkBird but they just can’t keep up. Struggling to maintain 77.5 due to the ambient room temp of about 62-64° where it’s kept. I have a couple 300 watt BRS Titanium elements on order that should do the trick.

Also finally got her salted… took about 20lbs of Red Sea Blue Bucket to bring up to 1.026. Will start cycling tonight hopefully!

Nice. Glad you're taking care of it now. I know I ended up with titanium something or other...I don't recall what kind I have, but it's two of them.

I figured 300 watts total for a 95ish gallon system would have been ok, which it would have had my house been kept warmer. Oh well… all we do is learn in this hobby.

Use to take my 150w heaters 4-5 hrs just to get temp up to 77.0°. These new BRS Titanium 300w heaters just got it up to 80° in 45 mins. Wish I did my research beforehand… oh well!

Received my overflow box today from Melev’s Reef! Pretty excited about that, looks solid… heaters look cleaner as well :)

NUzRmWf.jpg

gKoljL3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 7 of Red Sea Reef Mature- last night tested 0 ammonia, .01 nitrite and about 32+ nitrate. Interestingly high amount of NO3. Supposed to do a 5% water change today but may pass, it won’t put a dent in the NO3. Anyways, got around to piecing together my small manifold to feed my media reactor and UV sterilizer. Making some progress, hoping the cycle is invert ready in the next week or so. Hunkering down for 12-20” of snow tomorrow, so hopefully we don’t lose power, as I don’t know how that will affect the cycle if temp drops.

Xtiaxx1.jpg

Finally got around to setting up my Hydros WaveEngine and also the Control 4. Got the PH, ORP, and temp probes all in and data is graphing. Pretty cool platform for a controller. Decided to have an electrician come in and add another outlet by the tank to spread the load and get it on a dedicated line. Will add all my critical components like return pump and heater on the separate line, and have everything else on the line that is shared with a couple other outlets in the room.

On the final stage of Red Sea Reef Mature dosing program where I’ll just be dosing NOPOX to control NO3 while NO2 does it’s thing. Hopefully it works itself out in the next week or 2. Clean up crew will get added soon since I’m getting filamentous algae and some brown growing on the bottom of my sump. Started with dry rock and AragAlive Fiji Pink, and have been running carbon since I used a whole lotta super glue, insta set, and epoxy on the rockwork. Hoping for a speedy end of cycle…

5iImwFB.jpg

Getting a nasty white slimy bacterial bloom in my tank. I’ve gathered it’s from the daily NOPOX towards the last stage of the cycle. Going to crank the skimmer up a bit and try a more wet skim to see if I can speed things up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom