800 gallon L - Shape Custom Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just started following this thread. Amazing tank... Wonderful oppertunities with that. Enjoy it and experiment with the unusual!

A small shoal of yellow tangs would be do-able in that size of aquarium.

Love it. Great job!

can you guys check out that build thread and give me your thoughts on viability for a marine tank.

I did watch it. Very interesting. That thing puts out some serious skimmate. You could adapt it to your needs but there might be better options.

great tank. Congrats on your setup!
time to set up a lazy boy recliner and relax and watch the fishies!!!!!
nothing better than a DIY setup, makes you appreciate it when it's finished,
just sit back and say, 'I made that'

I liked it because I can flow my 4 1.5" overflows through 2 of them and that way I'm skimming about 5000 gph.

Plus gravity is doing most of the work because my dt is on the first floor and sump in basement.

Keep the comments coming on that DIY skimmer!

Beautiful tank. I can't wait to see what else you put in it. :)

also looking into the hydor performance 3000 , rated for 800-1000 gallons,

Anyone know anything about that series?

I feel bad everybody here is begging for pictures... I mean, I can't help more, but you honestly deserve more help than is being offered here..

One possibility is most people just haven't attempted tanks of this size. I'm following and I'll help you with anything I can, even though I'm a FW nano guy.

audifusion said:
also looking into the hydor performance 3000 , rated for 800-1000 gallons,

Anyone know anything about that series?

I think u are better off with wave makers for that size and shape of tank. I use the hydor 2400 in my 220 and it almost makes it across the 6ft with all my rock. Since your tank is L shaped you could position 4 on top and place a few smaller ones near the bottom to prevent dead spaces

Jlsardina said:
I think u are better off with wave makers for that size and shape of tank. I use the hydor 2400 in my 220 and it almost makes it across the 6ft with all my rock. Since your tank is L shaped you could position 4 on top and place a few smaller ones near the bottom to prevent dead spaces

Can you post up a link where I can find that system?

audifusion said:
Does the Neptune aqua controller control wave making aswell?

Could I just get that

Yes. But you might want to get the original and not the lite of jr because of all the things your are going to need for your tank

Awesome tank, as much as I hate to admit, seeing those pics and reading the post on here about it turnd my mind back to a child, it kept screaming me want me want lol. Anyway awesome job, not sure how much help I can be to u but I'll do my best. I got rid of all my books on marine aquariums, fish, and equipment years ago. Going to replace them soon and start building my own tank. Congradulatins on the tank find. Once in a lifetime find glad u didn't pass it up.

Back
Top Bottom