800 gallon L - Shape Custom Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i really like your tank, the shark looks awesome. it would be pretty cool if you would get a school of yellow tangs. great job on the tank :)

Getting a custom clean up crew from reef cleaners.org

500 Dwarf Ceriths
240 Nassarius
320 Florida Ceriths
100 Large Nerites,
14 Turbograzers
10 Emerald Crabs
10 Florida Fighting Conchs

audifusion said:

500 Dwarf Ceriths
240 Nassarius
320 Florida Ceriths
100 Large Nerites,
14 Turbograzers
10 Emerald Crabs

Very nice what did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

audifusion said:

500 Dwarf Ceriths
240 Nassarius
320 Florida Ceriths
100 Large Nerites,
14 Turbograzers
10 Emerald Crabs

For a second I thought holy cow! That's alot! Then I remembered that you have a mini ocean, so it really isn't that much!. Should be a fun day when that comes in the mail!

Seriously lol. That will be an incredible order to process. I hope you document with pictures.

audifusion said:

500 Dwarf Ceriths
240 Nassarius
320 Florida Ceriths
100 Large Nerites,
14 Turbograzers
10 Emerald Crabs

That's a lot to add all at once. You might have quite a bit of die off since your tank isn't that old.

Jlsardina said:
That's a lot to add all at once. You might have quite a bit of die off since your tank isn't that old.

They came up with it based on my specs.

Think I should split up the order?

If it were me I would go with half now and then half in a few months. You will need alot of food for those guys and the tank is still new yet.

Reefcleaners is GREAT, I buy all my critters from them but they have a tendency to go overboard.

audifusion said:
They came up with it based on my specs.

Think I should split up the order?

I would do like a third of it now. See how it goes- and then add as needed.

I mean his order is in... What would he do with the other 2/3rds of critter? Can he feed a little extra to keep them all happy?

I would hate to see a mass die off. That would really Ste you back a discourage you. And having to watch for every little snail that dies in that tank sure would be a pain.

MABJ said:
I mean his order is in... What would he do with the other 2/3rds of critter? Can he feed a little extra to keep them all happy?

He'd have to put quite a bit of algae sheets in there

Jlsardina said:
He'd have to put quite a bit of algae sheets in there

Well I mean if he's getting all 1200 critters, and he can't change the order.. He'll need suggestions xD.

MABJ said:
Well I mean if he's getting all 1200 critters, and he can't change the order.. He'll need suggestions xD.

Make that 2000 Reefcleaners go overboard lol. He could get macro algae. It grows quick and there are some that look very nice

Ibrahim said:
Make that 2000 Reefcleaners go overboard lol. He could get macro algae. It grows quick and there are some that look very nice

Isn't this a FOWLR? For macro he would have to dose the trace elements for the macro to survive. Otherwise he would be buying out all the lfs in hopes tho keep the critters alive.

Jlsardina said:
Isn't this a FOWLR? For macro he would have to dose the trace elements for the macro to survive. Otherwise he would be buying out all the lfs in hopes tho keep the critters alive.

Nope it's a reef. The only non reef safe fish is the shark which isnt reef safe only cause it easily knocks rock down.

I havent finalized the order yet btw.

Thought i would post up the quoted clean up crew prior to finalizing the order.

Thanks for your input so far guys, much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom