A few old pics, 1 from around '94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
I was cleaning up my website and found a few old pics of my 50g reef. I thought they were pretty cool.

I'm not exactly sure on the date for this 1st pic. I took it with my 35mm camera in around 1994. I'm sure I have more older pics that I scanned, but can't find them. What I remember most about this pic is what's in the center. Back then LPS were few and far between.
f-tank2.jpg

Then skip about 10 years and a digital camera...lol to 2004 and some SPS.
f-tank-6_04.jpg

2005 The monti cap in the middle is the same one in my tank now. The small frag to the right of it is the same acro still in my tank. Both have grown some. Yeah, the anthelia was out of control too.
f-tank_8-05.jpg

And now here's a pic from 9-08 of my 125.
fts_9-08.jpg

Is the yellow tang still with you?
No. It got too big for that tank. I remember I had to take all the rock out of the tank to get it out. The 1st pic looks like a real lot of lr because before I put it in, I made ledges with big flat pieces of rock then stacked the lr on that. It was actually pretty hollow.
The little leather frag next to the brain in the 1st pic is the big leather in the 2nd pic. All the rock (obviously), the star polyps, zoas and mushrooms from the 1st pic are still in my current tank.

Good transition Larry. I started with a 55 and went to a 125. That`s a good transition move from a 55 to a 125. Great looking tank.

Awesome! This makes me so excited for the arrival and set up of my 50 gal tank! Im getting a stand made for me from my hubby for christmas!

What a nice transition over the years. Makes me wonder what tanks will look like in another 10-15 years. Now that sps can be kept and is becoming so well liked, I don't think it will change too much from now until then, but who knows... Probably better lighting with more efficient LED, I suppose.

Very cool. I have posted pics of my 72 from when it first started out and then the current (at the time) pics of it. It is always amazing to see the changes that the tank goes through. Of course mine is no where near as old as your tank is but still the change is cool to see.

Back
Top Bottom