A growth photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
i was digging around the web site the other day and found this pic of my tank. it was dated jun 21 that would make the tank about 6 months old.

then the 2nd pic is the tank a few weeks ago. now the tank is almost 1.5 years old. wow what a difference

Attachments

• fulltank1_123.jpg
    fulltank1_123.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 449
  • 6monthsoldreef.jpg
    6monthsoldreef.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 428
I have the following fish/inverts in there right now:
1 mandarin goby
1x coral beauty
2x blue green chromis
2x false percula
1x yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistole shrimp
1x cleaner shrimp
and my clowns are living in their home a Heteractis Magnifica (Ritteri) Anemone

and for corals I have:
a purple with yellow polyp gorgonia
a white polyp brown gorgonia
green/blue metallic mushrooms
pink/red mushrooms
green, orange, flame red, and a mix of zoo
a very big finger leather
a toad stool leather
a big mess of red sea xenia
1 small Derasa clam
green star polyps
a white/green pipe organ
blue ricordea
acropora tumida

well to tell you the truth it was about 1 or 2 weeks after the cycle but i picked only really hard ones like leathers and mushrooms.

and that acro you see in the pick was about a 3 inch stick 3 months ago when i saved it from my work (i work at a fish store) it was growing about a inch every week for the first month or so. since then the growth has slowed but still grows fast.

very nicely done! i like the lighting much better in the 2nd pic

the 1st pic just had one 96 watt pc 03 and one 96 watt 10,000k. the 2nd pic had two 96 watt pc 03 and one 96 watt 10,000k. am now i am thinking of adding a 4th 96 watt pc. i am thinking of adding a 50/50. it is all wired and every thing i just have to get the bulb. but i dont know if that will be TOO much light.

Comparison

ya know this sounds like a fun topic.Before and after pics.
here is a pic from late Nov 04 and one from Late June 05

Attachments

• new_tank_007_resized_134.jpg
    new_tank_007_resized_134.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 103
  • june_tank_007.jpg
    june_tank_007.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 107
Nice! I have a bowfront too, but it's not SW...yet. One thing I'm curious about is the lighting. The way the bowfront is shaped, it seems like it kinda limits you to what kind of lighting you can use. Did you build a custom hood?

Did you build a custom hood?
Yep, the tank/stand/hood we all custom. I just took a 36" shield and screwed it directly into the lid and attached the sockets the same way. I used to have a 96W JBJ fixture before. This just sat on the cross member of the tank.

Now I have 1 250W MH and took the ballast and the two 96W CF out of the JBJ fixture and screwed them directly into the hood. the wood used for the stand and canopy is 3/4" thick, so there was plenty of support.

canopy/stand was made by Moore Cabinet company. I know Jeff's Exotic Fish uses this vendor, so maybe they can get a canopy made for you.
http://www.exoticfish.com

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom