Arthur's Elos Mini Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guarda

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my name is Arthur and I have a problem. This is my addiction. It's been setup for almost a year now. I use ESV salt and have had great results. Nitrates are usually at about 10 but my SPS aren't complaining. Granted, they aren't growing as fast as everyone else's but I'm not worried about it. Not much room in my tank anyway... Had the Hippo in the earlier pics for a few weeks before my planned upgrade was canceled. Had to transfer him unfortunately. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Hardware
Elos Mini with E-lite
Elos NS100 skimmer
Elos Osmocontroller
Reefkeeper 2 with temp and ph probe
Vortech MP40
Ecoxotic Stunner Blue LED Strip to give me some more blue
Stealth 50W heater
Aluminum 40 bulb led spotlight for fuge
DIY led strip for even more blue (I wish I lived in the psychedelic 70's)

Software
False Perc 2" (Samsung)
True Perc 1" (Nokia)
Blue Mandarin 2" (Sony)
Orange Linckia 2"
Hector's Goby (Rompope)
8 Nassarius Snails
4 Nerite Snails
1 Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab
2 Margarita Snails

Rbta

Dendrophyllia
Superman cyphastrea
Xenia
Hammer coral, frogspawn
Assorted zoas
Rainbow acan
Mushrooms or yumas, can't really tell
Red mushrooms
Green favia
Green Platygyra
War coral
blue chalice
pink chalice
tiny Miami Hurricane
even tinier Oregon Mummy Eye

Garf's Bonsai
Orange Digi
Blue acro
Psammacora
Superman monti
Green and red caps
Blue Stylo
Green Birdsnest

0 day
24wszev.jpg

A few months in...
2q2q1w1.jpg

fts
24pielj.jpg

This is Sony
18fyah.jpg

Month 7ish
oa3f2u.jpg

Top down
faczd5.jpg

Month 10ish
jpbuy9.jpg

My Petco Platygyra
icoirt.jpg

My attempt at a diy led to bring more saturation to the corals.

2e38npt.jpg

fenbkm.jpg

260s8d4.jpg

ve6au1.jpg

Hand feeding my mandarin some frozen shrimp.

Samsung wanting to get in on the video action as well.

Oh wow, I doubt most on AA have even heard of Elos, much less owned a system.

Beautiful tank!

Elos does acrylic, right? I just use Elos calcium test kits lol and even those are pricey. Awesome tank by the way...nice place for it too.

Try some Aussie Acans or Fire and Ice zoas. I'd imagine they'd look great in there if you could find the room.

Had some Rainbow aussie acans (they're at the bottom in the early pics) but sold them around month 5 when I had a growth spurt and was afraid of crashing the tank with my heavy bioload. My calcium would go from the low 500s to 360 the day after a water change so I trimmed everything at month 5 and again at month 8 and added small frags of slow growing chalices and some SPS but it looks like I have to do some more trimming. I have fire and ice (they're in the middle, right above the tubbs blues). Those and the purple hornets have been the fastest growers. Someone gave me a 5 or 6 polyp frag of the fire and ice about 2 or 3 months ago and I think there are about 35-40 polyps now.

Try some Aussie Acans or Fire and Ice zoas. I'd imagine they'd look great in there if you could find the room.

Whoa!--Awesome tank. Love the Ducati Art on the wall too. Had a 748 Bi (Red) once upon a time {Sigh, sniffle, whaaa}

Thanks! Sold my 916 mono when I moved to Brazil and Sunday mornings have never been the same...

Back
Top Bottom