Baby clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an established 75 gallon tank which has fish and corals. Received two new percula clownfish which are pretty small. Put them in the tank and all the fish were after them constantly. Should I worry about that? I took them out and put them in the sump. Don't know whether I should keep them there until they get bigger or go ahead put them back in the tank. They don't go after food agressively or know about hiding in the rocks. My other fish are maroon clownfish, cinnamon clownfish, some damsels, a tang and coral beauty.

I would take them back. It's not a good idea to mix clowns. The new ones will probably eventually be killed by the existing, established clowns in your tank.

I have another tank I think I will set up as a saltwater tank. Can I keep them in the sump until then?

Yeah you can keep them in the sump as long as you want they will be fine in there. There is a guy on youtube that kept a clown in his sump which was diyed out of a 30g for a long time so in a 45g yours will be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom