Bearded fireworm!!! (with pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have been after this huge bearded fire worm ever since I saw him a couple of weeks ago. today I found him going after my anemone so I snatched him up with some tongs. It is about 10in. long and absolutly beautiful. I would not want to grab onto this in the tank though. One more reason to wear gloves! I have no idea what to do with it. I hate to flush it since it is so beautiful, but I really do not have any options. Sump maybe? Anyways...here are some pics of this monster. I wonder if it was the cause of my rose BTA problems of the last few days. Hmm...

Attachments

• uploadable_pics_001_580x434_953.jpg
    uploadable_pics_001_580x434_953.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 151
  • uploadable_pics_007_580x434.jpg
    uploadable_pics_007_580x434.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 174
are these really an agressor towards anenomes? I thought they were scavengers?

anyway... the sump sounds like a great place for one of these.

I had one like that with green fuzz where yours has orange. Eating a mushroom. I was going to put it into my sump but it was in my QT when my new fish (that had ICH) went into so I decided that they weren't going into the sump either. Since I had to drop the salinity in the QT the refugees ended up in a bucket but I the bucket ended up getting cold one day and they didn't survive. Long story short (hahah too late) I was going to put them into my fuge. I was sorry to lose mine too because it was so beautiful. I spent many hours taking pictures of just him when he roamed my tank.

After seeing what he did to my shroom I wouldn't be surprised that one of those could have gotten hold of your BTA. My shroom still has a scar though it has mostly healed over. Hope your BTA recovers as well.

I don't know. I know they are bad news for corals. I would consider them more opportunistic/predators then scavengers.

BillyZ said:
100% predaceous, if it's edible the worm will get to it eventually. 8O

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom