Brooksters 29 gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They jump on your hand and clean you which is pretty sweet too

They get the Buffalo wing remnants crammed under my finger nails? Why havnt I heard of these before ?!?! Will they leave the tank if the top is not tight tight? Anyone run a gravity ato? I'm looking for very small float valves? I don't see a need for a fancy system if I can stick a 3 gal container behind the wall that feeds the tank. Beauty of this tank is there is a dedicated 4 rack shelf right behind it for all the fixins. This thing is losing a gallon every 3 days and the dehumidifier is barely running summer Is going to a gallon a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like using aqualifter pumps with my ATO setup. Is more of a trickle in. I use it with my water changes too.
A gallon a day is what I have on my 55 reef...about 70 with the sump. It is higher in winter due to the furnace being on.

This looks OK for now?? I'll use a 4 gal spring water jug, get it sealed tight..
I'll refine the system eventually.

Attachments

• 1488844627559.jpg
    1488844627559.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
If that is something that has worked for you in the past, go for it. If you can get it to work great, just make sure too much water doesn't go into the system and lower salinity.

Never tried it?? Seems pretty straight forward, than again it could be so simple it's impossible and frustrating? How would one lower salinity while topping off ? If water evaporates no salt is lost right? If I'm just adding back pure ro how could I decrease salinity?

Correct, salt doesn't evaporate. But even though the process is simple it could lead to the difficulty setting up a drip that matches how much is evaporating. It can easily lead to too little or too much topped off.

I'm over it.. float switch it is..I'm still making it myself though.. watched 3 you tube tutorials, basically an expert now.

Well, as long as you are an internet expert... They aren't that hard to do from what I've seen, so good luck.
When in doubt, I really like my JBJ ATO w/ aqualifter.

Well, as long as you are an internet expert... They aren't that hard to do from what I've seen, so good luck.
When in doubt, I really like my JBJ ATO w/ aqualifter.

No.. they really do look pretty simple though, I like tinkering. I've exhausted fun funds for the month so..

For now..

Attachments

• 1488936455741.jpg
    1488936455741.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 134
I just did it man! I'm going to leave it like that for another 2 months:p I almost tested the water but I couldn't get walking dead to work on the overpriced stupid cable box and I threw a fussy and left the room. Tommorow is a whole new day!

Nitrate test

Attachments

• 1489107654167.jpg
    1489107654167.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 99
Ammonia

Attachments

• 1489107717482.jpg
    1489107717482.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 100
Cycled?

Here's what I'm thinking for stocking. Yellow prawn goby, bangaii cardinal and a pair of clowns. Sound ok?

The only thing that bothers me is the goby is a jumper. I might have missed it but do you have a top on this tank.

The only thing that bothers me is the goby is a jumper. I might have missed it but do you have a top on this tank.

I have a standard egg crate/diffuser panel, 1/2" squares. I've read that these are especially bad for jumpers as they use the grid to aim their jumps, far higher success rate. I kind of hate this top anyways. Anyone familiar/use the synthetic screen tops? I can't remember where I saw them but they look pretty slick.

Back
Top Bottom