Brooksters 29 gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice, I like it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is it elastic at all?

I have a standard egg crate/diffuser panel, 1/2" squares. I've read that these are especially bad for jumpers as they use the grid to aim their jumps, far higher success rate. I kind of hate this top anyways. Anyone familiar/use the synthetic screen tops? I can't remember where I saw them but they look pretty slick.

The top your probably thinking of is the one in BDonaldsons build thread.
I have used egg crate for a long time out of that time I had one jumper but he didn't get far he got stuck in the crate , I managed to save him and he is still healthy today .

I do keep odds and ends on my top which may be what deters them I keep my turkey baster up there , mag floats , cooling fans ect up there ,
my larger wrasses in my predator tank jump daily but they just skim the crate making it bounce but they know they wont get through ,

way to much junk up there weighing it down , I ordered some of that nylon netting with the alum frame just haven't got around to putting it together yet
first time around the dogs bent it all up so I had to get more .

one thing keeps me from using it though I wont have anywhere to keep all my junk .

There is 1/8th inch screen also.

On my 12G rimless there are acrylic clips that hang on the edge on my previously FW now cycling for SW Mr. Aqua with a custom cutout with a Dremel (by the guy I bought it from). Less jumping out and less evaporation.

My clips are a tiny bit different but you get the idea.
Auqa Gadget Screen Top Suspension Clips - Innovative Marine - Bulk Reef Supply

It does curb evaporation? My tank is losing water like no one's business... this 1/8" screen is rigid enough to rest on the clips and no sag or droop on the middle?
Tank news, more behind the scenes news, tweaked the ro lines to send a feed to my sw staging area, found this refrigerator kit on amazon, all push fittings, ball valves are the best... going to rig up the ato, dual float switch to a relay and 50gph pump, nice and slow... does anyone heat or agitate reservoir? Wasn't planning on either as it will drip slow enough that temp shouldn't swing in tank and the pump will probably run every few hours so it should agitate itself, do you even need to agitate pure ro?? Tds is 10, there's like nothing in there to foul??

The only water I have a pump in is what I'm mixing up for water changes. I don't heat any of it as heat effects the calcium/alk levels in the water.
If the TDS is 10, there is something in there...just not much and who knows what it is.

The only water I have a pump in is what I'm mixing up for water changes. I don't heat any of it as heat effects the calcium/alk levels in the water.
If the TDS is 10, there is something in there...just not much and who knows what it is.

You don't heat your wc barrel? It's ok wouldn't you want everything matching up before you transfer?

I trickle the water change. A 5 gallon bucket takes me most of the day. Not through any lack of trying, I usually forget to see if the ATO finished dumping fresh water in and end up at the store or something. If I was doing anything larger, I'd be heating it due to time constraints and how much water I'd be putting back into the system in a timely manner.

I was going to use a small pump, probably do 8 gallons in an hour. Heating it for 24hrs while mixing with a ph was my plan??

Brooksters 29 gal fowler

I just let mine mix for 24 hrs with a ph as well. Heating it to the same temp as the tank is probably a better method but I'm lazy lol

I just let mine mix for 24 hrs with a ph as well. Heating it to the same temp as the tank is probably a better method but I'm lazy lol

Ill leave the heater out, one less thing to worry about, just didn't know if introducing water 11-14° colder than dt is an issue??

Ato is up and running.

Attachments

• 1489262197427.jpg
    1489262197427.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 1489262208176.jpg
    1489262208176.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 73
My little buds