Carey's New Years Tank(s) Update!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny you mention bio pellets. I just added them on my system over vodka dosing. It seems to be turning the tide, though I'm in early stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wooohoooo the tank update is here, I’m so excited! Here are my comments in order….. :) :smilecolros:

Love that Squirrelfish in the 90g, so cute….like you that is one of my favorite tanks of yours…there is such a fun variety of fish. I cannot believe that the Engineer Goby is over two feet, crazy! I remember when he was a wee little guy…so tiny! And I’m glad to hear Sumo is still doing well, he’s such a fun and colorful fish!

Haitian Hawkfish….they’re so unique, and you don’t see them all the time! awesome…
Sorry for the loss of the firefish and blenny.

Awww, the little shy Naso, I remember that guy! I’m glad he’s grown well, despite still being shy. How funny, I never would have imagined a Tang as shy, it shows how each fish can have a different personality! :D

OH MY GOSH new tank alert! 13.3g cube!
Royal Grammas, can’t go wrong with those. The color is amazing and they are classics, gotta love them! And how fun that you have a pistol shrimp/goby combo working in there! I’ve always wanted to do that, and I’m thinking I will try it in my 29g after I move my evil Black Ice Snowflake Clown into the new 125g. :lol: Oh, I just adore Peppermint shrimp! I miss mine, I haven’t had any in a few years…that’s going to change soon! Emerald Crabs…..awwww I miss those guys too, I have to purchase a few of those for the 125g, no doubt!

SO glad to hear the Cichlid tank is doing well too! Yesssssss @ the “Tang Gang,” haha I love those guys! Love Pootie, of course.

Hey, don’t worry about long posts, I love them. :D I hope you can come on more, that would be awesome! I haven’t been on as much lately either, but am changing that as I continue to make progress with my new build! I will be spending lots of time on here. :)

Picture reactions:

-90g looking fly as always! Love that squirrelfish so much!
-WOAH! This one has changed so much since the last time I saw it! Love it!

-60g, wow, your Naso is stunning! I love how your Hawk is perched down there.

180g- WOOO, look at the Tang Gang patrolling! They’re so cute, and I see the Tomini has most definitely grown out of it’s shell. :) WOAH, is that a cleaner wrasse? Oh yes it is! He looks beautiful! I’ve always loved them! Midas Blenny looks great.

13.3g, what a cool shaped tank, love the color of the light!

Sorry if this post has bad grammar, I’m just so excited!! Auto correct also tried to jump in and change a few things, but I think I caught them all. I hope! :lol:

Thanks for posting, welcome back.

I so want a brown naso tang :D but I'll just wait till the tank grows another 90g everything is looking great , glad your back

I ran across a white tail tang a few times online AND ONCE at my lfs. But it was $200 and i just cant justify spending that much in one shot. The fish was beautiful though, I went in specially to see him in person as it were. lol

Hey red, I appreciate all your comments! ANd yes, that is a cleaner wrasse, my first one ever and he is doing very well. He only eats frozen mysis right now but who knows what the future will bring. :) I am hoping to get like 3 more for the 180g, they are pretty cheap and look oh so awesome swimming around actively all day.

I had a chromi jump the other day from the kitchen 13.3, so now just two chromis left. I'm pretty much at the max for fish in there anyways so I am gonna try to concentrate on inverts AND finding an acceptable light.

looking forward to popping in and out here, i will be sure to check out your posts on your thread red, :)

I ran across a white tail tang a few times online AND ONCE at my lfs. But it was $200 and i just cant justify spending that much in one shot. The fish was beautiful though, I went in specially to see him in person as it were. lol

Hey red, I appreciate all your comments! ANd yes, that is a cleaner wrasse, my first one ever and he is doing very well. He only eats frozen mysis right now but who knows what the future will bring. :) I am hoping to get like 3 more for the 180g, they are pretty cheap and look oh so awesome swimming around actively all day.

I had a chromi jump the other day from the kitchen 13.3, so now just two chromis left. I'm pretty much at the max for fish in there anyways so I am gonna try to concentrate on inverts AND finding an acceptable light.

looking forward to popping in and out here, i will be sure to check out your posts on your thread red, :)

That is so awesome that the Cleaner is doing so well with frozen foods! And the awesome thing about such a large tank is that there are to ably many microorganism hanging in there that he can pick on. There is so much room to graze!

Woah, I wonder why white tails are so rare that they command such a high price tag! That's rough!!! Really expensive....

How are you liking the DCT Jebao return pump? I sold my 125 last year due to financial problems but since some things have calm down now I have been thinking about getting a 180 or 210 and have been looking for return pumps and just don't know which one to get.

How are you liking the DCT Jebao return pump? I sold my 125 last year due to financial problems but since some things have calm down now I have been thinking about getting a 180 or 210 and have been looking for return pumps and just don't know which one to get.

I personally run all jebao return pumps on my aquariums. They are powerful, very quiet and not too expensive. I wouldn't run another return pump again.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom