Clam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucasb625

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can you guys show me some pics of your clams and if you can the price. Thanks

I don't wanna hijack but I wanna ask a question. Are some clams easier to care for than another? If so what are the easiest ones? I have a coral beauty angelfish now and it has no problem with lps corals but what are the odds it would go after a clam? Last question, if I'm running 6 39w t5 bulbs could a clam be in the sandbed in 18in of water?

I don't wanna hijack but I wanna ask a question. Are some clams easier to care for than another? If so what are the easiest ones? I have a coral beauty angelfish now and it has no problem with lps corals but what are the odds it would go after a clam? Last question, if I'm running 6 39w t5 bulbs could a clam be in the sandbed in 18in of water?

First, Squamosa clams over 3" are the easiest by far. They also require the least light. Your T5's might be bright enough for a squamosa but not for the other varieties.

My coral beauty and other dwarf angels pestered clams to death, so now I grow them in my frag system.

My deresa. I've had it for about 18 months under 6 54 watt T5s in my 75. I paid $49.99 for it from saltwaterfish.com when they had a "free shipping if you buy something from this list" deal. I had an issue with pinched mantle disease on it a couple months ago.

When I first got it:

image-443212214.jpg

More recently:

image-1031833130.jpg

My deresa. I've had it for about 18 months under 6 54 watt T5s in my 75. I paid $49.99 for it from saltwaterfish.com when they had a "free shipping if you buy something from this list" deal. I had an issue with pinched mantle disease on it a couple months ago.

When I first got it:

More recently:

How deep was the clam and how high the lights?
Nice clam!

It's on the bottom of the 75 (21" deep). I originally had him on the rock work of a 37, but he fell a couple of times there. I ended up getting a carpet anemone and put it in the 37, and was afraid of the clam getting stung, so I moved him to the 75 then. I've never actually measured the distance the lights are off the water, but I'd guess it's around 10".

I also forgot to mention it's an ORA clam.

First, Squamosa clams over 3" are the easiest by far. They also require the least light. Your T5's might be bright enough for a squamosa but not for the other varieties.

My coral beauty and other dwarf angels pestered clams to death, so now I grow them in my frag system.

If I got a Squamosa clam would it be able to survive on the sandbed?

Is there a way to tell species of clam apart? Or would I jus have to ask someone at my LFS what it kind it is?

Back
Top Bottom